3 Kg Beer Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Brisbane Northsiders ESB inform me that the following are their stockists for our area:

brewers_world.JPG

I bought the Czech Pilsener from the Morayfield branch originally, they didn't seem to have many ESB in stock so I'll give the Strathpine branch a bell and if they have the pom bitter in stock I'll get one sent over.

I'll use a Nottingham yeast with it.

I got around to putting the aussie draught in today, was suprised by the aroma when I opened the can... It smelt like hops! Unusual for a kit, definitelty a bit of pellet sludge there too. I don't think this one will turn out much like an aussie draught, it'll have too much hops flavour :D

Hey Dave, Are you doing the kit alone with supplied yeast? I used WLP 001 and some crystal malt grain as well. Nice drop.

Would you guys stop mucking around and make the 3kg Extra Special Stout already.... It's the business.

Best Stout in a can I reckon. I've made almost all the others, but on redos had to add extra hops or change yeast or steep some extra Roasted barley to get them balanced properly/to my taste.

I Didn't have to change the 3kg ESS - follow tin instructions ( from memory make up to 18L)....I think SAFALE 04 came with the tin.

PB :icon_cheers:

3kg ESB Aussie Draught is carbonating up, and yeah the pellet clumps in the tin were a nice sign - only other kits I've tried that've had that in them have been the Wal's range which I recommend highly. I made the Draught up to 21L [my usual volume] with 150ish grams of 90 EBC Crystal grain and the S-04 yeast included. Will let everyone know how it goes, but am expecting good things.

Yeah, using saf US-56 @ 17 degrees, so basically the same as the WLP001. Keeping it nice and simple for the old man, the way he likes them :lol:

Latest posts

Back