3/8" Id Silicone Tubing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo_h

Reaction score
I bought a racking syphon pump last week, the tube output is 3/8" OD and I intend to use it to transfer hot wort from the kettle to my cube for overnight cooling.

I've done some reading around, so I'm avoiding any of the PVC hoses that may not like the heat, and may be difficult to use if they always want to coil back up.

I've been looking for some silicone tubing but can't find it in 3/8", anyone know where to get it?

I bought a racking syphon pump last week, the tube output is 3/8" OD and I intend to use it to transfer hot wort from the kettle to my cube for overnight cooling.

I've done some reading around, so I'm avoiding any of the PVC hoses that may not like the heat, and may be difficult to use if they always want to coil back up.

I've been looking for some silicone tubing but can't find it in 3/8", anyone know where to get it?

Hi pablo,

If you can't find locally, just purchase our standard silicon hose online & mention in the comments box you want 3/8".

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Hi pablo,

If you can't find locally, just purchase our standard silicon hose online & mention in the comments box you want 3/8".

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer
Thanks for that, might have to.

Anyone know where to get in perth so I can save $10 postage?

just buy more stuff from ross to make the postage worth your while

just buy more stuff from ross to make the postage worth your while
Well, now that he has cheap Wyeast, I might as well. The savings on that covers half the postage, my wasted time and petrol covers the rest. :D

If you find a supplier in Perth please let me know as I think I need some as well :)

If you find a supplier in Perth please let me know as I think I need some as well :)

Try sending Neville at Gryphon Brewing (sponsor above) an email. He has offered to source stuff that was not on his site for me before. He might be able to help, and is a top bloke too! Located in Bassendean for pickup.

Try sending Neville at Gryphon Brewing (sponsor above) an email. He has offered to source stuff that was not on his site for me before. He might be able to help, and is a top bloke too! Located in Bassendean for pickup.
Yes can do if I can find out what 3/8 is in mm and what size wall thickness and the lenght in meters............Warning Its not cheap for medical quality and thats what you would want, no odor ,flavor Etc.
GB

yeah GB, close enough ;)

what's wrong with a few metres from Bunnings though ?

Cheers
Yard

Vinyl tubing not an issue from Bunnings, but forget that stuff for hot liquids and it's not easy to clean. Silicone... what all good things are made from :D

Expect a phone call nev.

Latest posts

Back