• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

25l Willow Esky $20 At Coles (in S.a At Least...)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatKiwiFella

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a heads up that starting today Coles has the 25L Willow esky for $20 (normally $39.95). I picked one up today (if SWMBO wasn't there I'd likely have two...) as the beginning to my all grain set-up. A couple of quick mods (heaps of info available) and you're away...

Cheers,

ThatKiwiFella

(and yes, my Australian is doing well hence not calling it a Chilly Bin ;) )

Is that the one that doesn't have a tap hole?

They don't have a tap but easily modified. Use one atm and work well for a good price .

saw this last night, i'm thinking of geting a couple

Tmc, that is correct, no tap or outlet but a spade blade on your drill will see you right.

From what I understand they work well for single brews of most regular to medium OG beers but may lack the space required for a heavy style brew.

I didn't think twice given the price as it allows me to get into all grain cheaply & i'll likely only do singles until I get the hang of everything. Also, I probably need very little else (eg burner//elements, pots, etc) to get underway, whereas larger brew would require me to buy a number of things.

Cheers,

ThatKiwiFella

You mean eskies come with taps now days? lol

I use one of these for my mash tun and made a manifold from copper tube.

They don't have a tap in them, but it was easy enough to make a hole to tightly fit a " pipe to fit a tap. I made some washers from a silicon baking sheet, and after close to 60 AG batches it hasn't leaked and performs well.

The best I have done is a 22 litre batch of Dunklerweizenbock with an OG of 1.083, using 7 kg of malts with 85% mash efficiency. It did take a double batch sparge, but I got there.

If you are willing to do 2 batch sparges, you can achieve 25 litre batches using one of these.

Just a heads up for the Adelaide crew the reject shop on jetty rd. @ the bay had bigger ones of some generic brand for about the same price.

Latest posts

Back