• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

25l Willow Esky $19.99 - Coles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the first brew with this tun yesterday. Ended up with 23L of 1.068 wort (65% efficiency). Not bad for a $35 mash tun! :huh:

Theyre on sale here in SA too.

I used one of these to build mine 3 or 4 years ago and its still going strong.
Now i have plenty of experience using it and crush my own grain I get 85 to 90% efficiency with a batch sparge with 25 to 30 lt batches.

I used CPVC and cut the slots in the bottom to prevent stuck sparges.
R0012034.JPG
R0012036.JPG

Those are some good pics guys. I bought one of these for the same price from kmart a few months ago but haven't managed to get around to the conversion. Was planning to go the braid option and looking into the best way to go about it so its good to see some other alternatives in action.

Now I've come into ownership of a couple of keg like vessels though so the esky might not even get a run!

I probably should start a new thread but it's late and I couldn't be arsed...anyhow. if anyone missed out on these I saw them for $25 at bunnings today.

cheers & beers

EDIT:spalling mistoke

Hey - just thought I'd let people know that I saw these on sale (fathers day) at coles this weekend for $20 - reduced from $45. A bargain and good start for people looking to get into all grain.

Hey guys

For what it's worth I have been using this same esky with braid for the past year or so, indeed my entry to all grain. I have recently upgraded to a larger esky (44L) mainly because the braid really bugged me (ok more beer was also a consideration). I have made a copper manifold which was easy and cheap and it has revolutionised sparge time/functionality/control.

The braid, whilst functional, seemed to run very slowly and on occassion stuck resulting in an annoying 2 1/2 hour sparge on one occassion. i have kids and a bunch of other stuff I should be doing. The new set up has meant I have full control over flow and therefore time involved.

Just my experience, as i say the braid worked fine but gave me headaches and proved to be the one annoying factor which has now been eliminated by using something else. The poly looks like a good idea...

Back