250 Ml Vic Bitter Bottle, Full Free To Good Home.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
I have had this for years. I don't want any money for it (doubt it's worth anything really), but a bottle of your finest would be ok. Will post at your expense. It's full, some rust on the cap.
Cheers all, John.
103_1249.JPG

I have had this for years. I don't want any money for it (doubt it's worth anything really), but a bottle of your finest would be ok. Will post at your expense. It's full, some rust on the cap.
Cheers all, John.
View attachment 41506

Hey John... got one of these babies in my shed since 2007....wanna trade? :icon_cheers:

large_4620_Carlton%20Draft%20stubbie.jpg

The postage stamp would be worth more.
Put it up for auction on Ebay some sucker might give you some $$$$$ for it.

if people are swapping "finests" for vb i can stop brewing now!

Sorry mate, i thought you were joking! So whats special about this bottle?

Sorry mate, i thought you were joking! So whats special about this bottle?

It's a 250 ml bottle, AFAIK they were a limited edition. Might be valuable to a bottle collector or a VB freak, maybe....
Never thought of Ebay. Ebay it is then, any proceeds go to AHB.
Cheers.

Boozle says still available at retail.

Ahh, cheers bum. Looks I've started another useless thread.
Yeah i worked in a bottlo for many years, they are still around mostly just hidden from view, groups of UNI students / young blokes that only have $28 love to buy them as a weekend starter before they go out. :icon_drunk:

I believe they used to be referred to as 'Throw Downs' but I didn't think they were still available.

The cutest little hang over you could buy! ;)

Saw them in WA many years ago. We called them "Hand Grenades."

Yeah they are referred to as both "Hand Grenades"given their shape in your hand or "thrown downs" due to their skulling size in NSW anyhow.

EDIT: Cant spell Grenade

Yeah I remember as a teen, having a mate manage to get a whole case into his backpack, but with each 'throwie' in a sock to stop them rattling. I have since employed that technique myself, though not to defy parents. I thought they still made them. I am sure you could get a ton of them in a fridge too because of the height.

Cheers guys. Research before posting next time, hey!
I might chill it down and serve it up to one of my mates who drinks Carlton Dry. :icon_cheers: The floaty bits may have given it some extra flavour.

Cheers guys. Research before posting next time, hey!
I might chill it down and serve it up to one of my mates who drinks Carlton Dry. :icon_cheers: The floaty bits may have given it some extra flavour.

When I come over to your place for a beer jyo, make sure you have some winnie blues and we'll sing barnsey and share that beer - on Australia Day! :icon_chickcheers:

When I come over to your place for a beer jyo, make sure you have some winnie blues and we'll sing barnsey and share that beer - on Australia Day! :icon_chickcheers:

I'll chuck it in the fridge now, mate :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back