21 Year Pubcrawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Now this is dedication. Or is it just stupidity ?

Doc

PUB CRAWL ENDS AFTER 21 YEARS

A BEER lover celebrated completing an amazing 21-year pub crawl yesterday - by having another drink.

Stuart Ashby, 55, has visited 5054 pubs across Britain in the last two decades.

He vowed to have a bevvy in every bar listed in the 1984 Good Beer Guide.

And after enjoying a bottle of ale in his last, The Lamb Inn in Pagham, Sussex, Stuart revealed he intends to keep going.

He said: 'I have the 1987 guide and there are quite a few pubs listed I have not been to.

'As long as my legs and liver do not pack up, I'm carrying on.

'This is a landmark, I have reached my aim and I don't intend stopping.'

Former railway worker Stuart, of Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, is believed to have downed more than 7500 drinks.

Roger Protz, editor of the Good Beer Guide, said: 'I've heard of people planning their evenings, weekends and even holidays around pubs in the guide but not their lives.

'It's a remarkable achievement, absolutely astonishing

Doc said:
Now this is dedication. Or is it just stupidity ?

Doc

PUB CRAWL ENDS AFTER 21 YEARS

A BEER lover celebrated completing an amazing 21-year pub crawl yesterday - by having another drink.

Stuart Ashby, 55, has visited 5054 pubs across Britain in the last two decades.

He vowed to have a bevvy in every bar listed in the 1984 Good Beer Guide.

And after enjoying a bottle of ale in his last, The Lamb Inn in Pagham, Sussex, Stuart revealed he intends to keep going.

He said: 'I have the 1987 guide and there are quite a few pubs listed I have not been to.

'As long as my legs and liver do not pack up, I'm carrying on.

'This is a landmark, I have reached my aim and I don't intend stopping.'

Former railway worker Stuart, of Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, is believed to have downed more than 7500 drinks.

Roger Protz, editor of the Good Beer Guide, said: 'I've heard of people planning their evenings, weekends and even holidays around pubs in the guide but not their lives.

'It's a remarkable achievement, absolutely astonishing
[post="69556"][/post]​

Ross is a good candidate to follow him. I am sure he has visited quite a few pubs whils in the UK...

:chug:
PeterS....

Latest posts

Back