2018 NSW State Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done ESB, I'm looking forward to sampling some of those champion beers at Fridays meeting :cheers:

Don't want to step on any toes but, has feedback been posted? Would be good to have before i rebrew for the nationals.

Don't want to step on any toes but, has feedback been posted? Would be good to have before i rebrew for the nationals.

You would want to be quick rebrewing, the bottles need to be there in 2 weeks.

You would want to be quick rebrewing, the bottles need to be there in 2 weeks.

Owell there goes that idea! My ipa is out the window but at least i have bottles left for the fruit beer category.

Owell there goes that idea! My ipa is out the window but at least i have bottles left for the fruit beer category.

You might get it done, there is another close to 2 weeks after that date before the judging.... but you have a tight timeframe. And I don't think waiting for your feedback fits in that timeline.

I don't have the motivation of entering Nationals, but would also love to hear when we might receive feedback from our NSW entries. As per huez, I don't mean to step in toes, and fully appreciate the contribution of the volunteers who give their time to run the competition.
Cheers

I got score sheets today as well. Are the entry numbers on the score sheets supposed to match the bottle entry numbers?

I got score sheets today as well. Are the entry numbers on the score sheets supposed to match the bottle entry numbers?

The numbers should not match, each entry was allocated a random number so they were anonymous.

So if you entered 2 beers in one category, how are yo meant to tell what beer they're talking about on the feedback?

Hi, just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I was lucky enough to place in the top 3 in one of the categories at the recent NSW comp. I believe this qualifies me to enter a beer in the upcoming AABC.
I am having a hard time finding information on how to enter that comp. the AABC website has s link to a ‘compmaster’ website, but when I go there I cannot find any info on how to enter etc.
Is anybody able to provide some advice?
Thanks in advance.

So if you entered 2 beers in one category, how are yo meant to tell what beer they're talking about on the feedback?

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I entered 2 Brett saisons and 2 IPAs. The IPAs were the same beer but one was bottle conditioned, one got second and one was way down the list, would have been good to know which one did better.

Also are there certificates and or prizes? It's been mentioned on here but there is zero information on the website.

The IPAs were the same beer but one was bottle conditioned, one got second and one was way down the list, would have been good to know which one did better.

Huez,

That is very interesting to me as a bottle conditioner only.. Which one was the higher scoring one? I guess unless your technique is flawless, there is likely to be more O2 damage to the one filled from the keg?

Last edited:
So detail about the nationals have only just came up on compmaster and it is already too late to register an entry. I was very keen to get my brew into the nationals as I won a category and am now unable to enter. Anyone else have this issue?

Huez,

That is very interesting to me as a bottle conditioner only.. Which one was the higher scoring one? I guess unless your technique is flawless, there is likely to be more O2 damage to the one filled from the keg?

Sorry, but that was my issue with the results. I didn't know which one placed and which one did poorly, so my experiment was kind of a failure.

I get the whole anonymous thing but maybe the comp should be moved to a platform like compmaster that uses QR Codes?

So detail about the nationals have only just came up on compmaster and it is already too late to register an entry. I was very keen to get my brew into the nationals as I won a category and am now unable to enter. Anyone else have this issue?

I registered my beer on compmaster 2 weeks ago after it showed up on the aabc website. Was definitely there sorry to say.

Latest posts

Back