2016 QLD Xmas Case Swap 17 Dec-Ravensbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evoo4u said:
? Early afternoon - ish ? Around 2 ? or 3 ? 4 ? The later it gets, the cooler it'll be. But there's lots of shady trees...

Is there an established convention for starting time?

madpierre06 said:
2pm is a standard acceted time.
also good to get the actual swap done by around 4pm before people lose their balance.

Liam_snorkel said:
also good to get the actual swap done by around 4pm before people lose their balance.
Cheers. I should be there around 4ish.

How much money do I bring for the pig? Is that still happening?

Peege said:
How much money do I bring for the pig? Is that still happening?
That was the A plan, but since then numbers have diminished a bit, so it'll still be a spit roast and other bits of dead birds and animals, but not a whole pig. Probably around $10 - $15 or so, but nothing's been finalised yet. We'll work it out on the night.

We'll do a BBQ breakfast Sunday, and if you'd like to bring some makings (bacon, egg or two) that'll be good. We'll have lots of hamburger rolls, sauces, etc.

Roll on Saturday...

Just a reminder to all those rocking up on Saturday, as is customary everyone to bring either snacks, a 'plate' or some kind of salad. We'll do a collection of cash on the night to cover the cost of the pork roast, chicken legs, hamburger rolls, etc.

Also, when I was coming back from Brisbane yesterday, I took note of the actual sign at Esk for you Brisbane guys to follow. Coming from Blacksoil, after crossing the bridge in Esk, take the road just past the NAB and Somerset Council building - the sign says "Toowoomba & Crows Nest".

If you're coming into Esk from the north, I *think* there's a road to Crows Nest a bit before Esk - DO NOT take that one! Go through town and take the one in the paragraph above.

Sheesh, I am now out of the swap party as well.

My eye is finally starting to recover from an infection. I reckon the last thing my body needs whilst recovering is a heap of booze and a late night.

Have a great day/night people. And someone needs to make other people uncomfortable, otherwise Stefan and I will be disappointed.

angus_grant said:

My eye is finally starting to recover from an infection. I reckon the last thing my body needs whilst recovering is a heap of booze and a late night.
We could provide warm milk or hot Milo, and tuck you in nice and early... :p

angus_grant said:

Have a great day/night people. And someone needs to make other people uncomfortable, otherwise Stefan and I will be disappointed.
You should have planned your eye injury better. Priorities.

Your saison tasted to good to swap, or even bring to the swap as a keg. We get it, you don't love us anymore :(
You even withdrew your balls from us last time, I should have seen this coming. *heartbroken*

Sorry swappers, Some shits gone down and now I've gotta work tomorrow. By backup beer transportation has also fallen through.

Deepest apologies.

~750ml PET bottles ONLY Angus!

For the new-comers please write your list number on the lid. Include a fancy label if you wish but that's only something the cool kids do.

1. evoo4u - Julebryg
2. Aydos - Galaxy Pale ale
3. Liam_Snorkel - Impish Stout - 2.0% ABV
4. Ballantyne
5. madpierre06 - Funky Saison
6. Earle - Choc Wheat IPA
7. Luggy - Oatmeal Stout
8. Davy - Rye Pale
9. Peege - Ainsley Harriot (milk stout)
10. Benken25 - American farmhouse with mulberry and chilli
12. Beersuit - Belgian Blonde
13. evoo4u - APA
14. Ciderman - Mulberry Sour
16. giatuprs - Rex Banner's Bannier Hammer XPA - upscaled version of Brewditos' Brett APA from that Bacchus thing
17. pcqypcqy - Robust Porter.
18. Nickxb - Coconut Rum Porter
20. Smokomark
21. Peege - Grvm RIPA (Red IPA)
22. madpierre06 - Hopp-a-long Saison
23. Parks - 7.2% Black IPA
24. tazman1967 "Scorched Earth" Smoked Saison

Sneak preview of my case swap beer. My first fast souring beer. Painfully de stemmed 1.5kg of mulberries. Turned out more funky than expected but great on a warm day such as today! Hope you guys enjoy!

1481863559742.jpg

Ciderman said:
Sneak preview of my case swap beer. My first fast souring beer. Painfully de stemmed 1.5kg of mulberries. Turned out more funky than expected but great on a warm day such as today! Hope you guys enjoy!
I can vouch for this :p

Hi guys,

still getting to know my way around the forum and came across this thread. The swap sounds like a great idea and would like to participate in the next south east QLD one plans permitting. My biggest question though, why 750ml PET only?

Latest posts

Back