2016 QLD Xmas Case Swap 17 Dec-Ravensbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't do
LAGERFRENZY said:
Remember that being a Brisbane test they are probably only going to televise the first session of each day.
They don't do that anymore. 29 bucks a year on the aus cricket live app lets you log in on any device and watch the cricket if you dont have a tv handy. Quite handy when you have 3 monitors at the office desk.

I am now in possession of both mine and Tazman's swap beers. Getting a little semi now thinking about next weekend. Giddy up!

Luggy, are you happy to have your second brew moved up to fill the last remaining vacancy (No. 15)?
And to all who are making the journey up here on the weekend, PM me and I'll send you the link to the location mud-map.
It'll also give Beersuit an idea of how many slices of ham to order :p .

1. evoo4u - Julebryg
2. Aydos - Galaxy Pale ale
3. Liam_Snorkel - RIM (russian imperial mid )
4. Ballantyne
5. madpierre06 - Funky Saison
6. Earle - Choc Wheat IPA
7. Luggy - Oatmeal Stout
8. Davy - Rye ESB
9. Peege - Ainsley Harriot (milk stout)
10. Benken25 - American farmhouse with mulberry and chilli
11. Angus - belgian saison
12. Beersuit - Belgian Blonde
13. evoo4u - APA
14. Ciderman - Mulberry Sour
15. Luggy - Farmhouse ale
16. giatuprs - Rex Banner's Bannier Hammer XPA - upscaled version of Brewditos' Brett APA from that Bacchus thing
17. pcqypcqy - Robust Porter.
18. Nickxb - Coconut Rum Porter
19. Mike - Some sort of Lager for smashing in the christmas heat or a table str saison I dunno.
20. Smokomark
21. Peege - Grvm RIPA (Red IPA)
22. madpierre06 - Hopp-a-long Saison
23. Parks - 7.2% Black IPA
24. tazman1967 "Scorched Earth" Smoked Saison

Swap List 2 (emergency spares?)

bradsbrew said:
They don't do
They don't do that anymore. 29 bucks a year on the aus cricket live app lets you log in on any device and watch the cricket if you dont have a tv handy. Quite handy when you have 3 monitors at the office desk.
Yeah, I think that only happened in Brisbane itself, and they haven't bothered with that for years. Much more money to be had from TV ratings than bums on seats at the game.

Transferred mine from keg to bottles yesterday, hopefully went OK (first go with the carb cap). At least with a porter if the carbonation has dropped it will be a bit forgiving, I tried to over carb a little in the keg to anticipate losing some on the transfer.

How are we labelling, is just the number OK? I was going to scribble 17 on each lid and leave it at that.

number on the lid is the only requirement.
a label with beer info helps, but not necessary if you put the vital info in the tasting thread

I may have add some glass-bottled tas wild ales to my swap batch.

My soon-to-be-binned fermentor leaked a bunch of saison, and I'm not sure if I'll get 25 bottles.

So who's game for glass if I can't manage 25 bottles? I'll update thread when I bottle later this week.

~750ml PET bottles ONLY Angus!

For the new-comers please write your list number on the lid. Include a fancy label if you wish but that's only something the cool kids do.

1. evoo4u - Julebryg
4. Ballantyne
7. Luggy - Oatmeal Stout
8. Davy - Rye ESB
13. evoo4u - APA
15. Luggy - Farmhouse ale
16. giatuprs - Rex Banner's Bannier Hammer XPA - upscaled version of Brewditos' Brett APA from that Bacchus thing
19. Mike - Some sort of Lager for smashing in the christmas heat or a table str saison I dunno.
20. Smokomark

angus_grant said:
I may have add some glass-bottled tas wild ales to my swap batch.

My soon-to-be-binned fermentor leaked a bunch of saison, and I'm not sure if I'll get 25 bottles.

So who's game for glass if I can't manage 25 bottles? I'll update thread when I bottle later this week.
I'll take the chance too.

Unfortunately the farmhouse won't be done in time, still one spot up for grabs

~750ml PET bottles ONLY Angus!

For the new-comers please write your list number on the lid. Include a fancy label if you wish but that's only something the cool kids do.

1. evoo4u - Julebryg
4. Ballantyne
7. Luggy - Oatmeal Stout
8. Davy - Rye Pale
13. evoo4u - APA
20. Smokomark

Is anyone set up for pin lock kegs? I was going to bring some citra pale ale to drink/share on the day. I can bring my pluto, but gas might be an issue. Didn't want to bring the gas bottle if I didn't have to. I guess I can snip the tube off my manifold and bring the disconnect with a length of tube, and plug that onto someone's gas cylinder on the day?

pcqypcqy said:
Is anyone set up for pin lock kegs? I was going to bring some citra pale ale to drink/share on the day. I can bring my pluto, but gas might be an issue. Didn't want to bring the gas bottle if I didn't have to. I guess I can snip the tube off my manifold and bring the disconnect with a length of tube, and plug that onto someone's gas cylinder on the day?
that'll be fine, I'll have my gas bottle with push-in splitters. I'm sure others will too

luggy said:
Unfortunately the farmhouse won't be done in time, still one spot up for grabs
Any takers to fill this spot???

Or shall we forever be known collectively as one beer short of a full swap? :p

Latest posts

Back