2013 Sodium Perc / Met BB - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mistake on excel..missing my name from Met

Perc - Met.JPG

FTFM

Anyone live near Cheltenham that could pick mine up/.. I will most likely be in Malaysia during pickup

As activity seems to have slowed, I rekon we can easily

CLOSE THIS BULK BUY (24.09.13)

as we are sitting of full bags currently it'll work out well and I can still probably fit it all in the car easily. :blink:
I'll crack on and send an email out with all the deets in the next half hour.

Cheers

PM's have been sent to the Payers on the list, everyone else please pay the guy person who is at the front of your list.

All, please check that the spreadsheet is correct.

Yob

Perc Met.JPG

Will update spreadsheet Monday guys, I think we may only be awaiting one payment, thanks to all who have paid in thus far.

:icon_cheers:

Thanks again for organising this Yob! I've had a look at the density of both perc/met to work out what sort of volume containers people will need:

Perc is 2.54 g/cm3 so therefore a 25kg bag will need approx. (bit less) than a 10L container, so scale down for your amount from there.

Met is 2.4 g/cm3 so therefore a 25kg bag will need a 10.5L container.

Looks like most people either have a full bag (therefore no need for a container) or a half split in a perc bag and smaller for the met, a couple doubled up supermarket plastic bags should do the trick for those splitting on the day then?

Bulk density is a better measure for volumes of powders/granules.

Perc is roughly 0.9-1.2 g/cm3 and met is around 1.1 g/cm3. It's probably safer to assume 1 kg per litre in case you run short on storage space.

Cheers Yob!

Thanks guys, it's always a scramble to try work out wtf to bring for bulk but partial splits. Cheers

Empty grain bags, plastic containers, those little wheelie bins, shopping bags, garbage bags,

so on and so forth. If I had my time again, Id go for the mini wheelie bins, they are feckin awesome.

I need to do a double check, but I believe all payments are in.

I will speak to Hucon and make the payment and arrange for a pickup date. Once Ive made the payment and secured the goods we can arrange a pickup date

:beer:

Perc - Met.JPG

Yob said:
Afternoon all. With the little bub crapping over everything and the wife with access to my treasured Perc Spply, it's time to re-stock. 3 parts sodium perc + 1 part Sodium met make a backyard PBW, if you are interested in making near to exact PBW, have a search through my old BB's, Wolfy posted the relevant information back then. Personally I find the simple mix ample to clean my brewing gear.
I'm going insane. I can't find wolfy's post anywhere. I was in the last bulk buy & have travelled so much i haven't even mixed mine up yet. (Only managed 4 brews all year.) Or is 3 to 1 mixed together perfectly adequate? Sorry to invade the BB thread, but figured someone here would know

Yep 3 to 1 is correct, I think the info is in my previous bulk buy for all the other additives

None of its no rinse so assuming you are rinsing effectively shouldn't be an issue, it's also a weaker solution so again, shouldn't be an issue.. If it's cleaning effectively... Nay Bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back