2012 Esb Home Brew Competition - "the Good, The Bad And The Ugly&

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korev

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Yes as another year begins its time to plan ahead for competitions.

The 2012 ESB competition is themed "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and all entries must use spaghetti in their recipes - no only kidding - no specialities here

Yes the Comp will be registered with the BJCP (Judging and stewarding points on offer - put the date in your calendar) and for those interested in prizes we will have some!

Closing Date for entries Sat 7 July 2012 Judging Sat 14 July 2012

See flyer View attachment ESB_2012_Advance_Notice.pdf

Cheers

P1

Being new to serious home brewing, and wanting to enter competitions, is it OK to send in entries from interstate?

Interstate entries are welcome - make sure bottles are packed well!

P1

The 2012 ESB competition is themed "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and all entries must use spaghetti in their recipes - no only kidding - no specialities here

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Your talking about spaghetti has in the pasta? Seems like fun but I'm confused by this idea....

Jace, its just a pisstake, the OP is only kidding with us. You know, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" -> A Spaghetti Western! :D

"no specialities here" means there's no particular theme ingredient (eg. pumpkin) that must be used to qualify entries, while Good, Bad & Ugly seem to be three 'categories' which the competition appears to be using to group styles, loosely on colour it seems.

Well, that's my read of it at least! :icon_cheers:

keep reading the rest of the sentence. it's not serious

spaggetti is basically flour water and possibly egg so it could be used fairly well as an adjunct, but flour would be more suitable. What about spinach spaghetti? A sickly green looking beer would sit very well in the ugly category. There should be bonus points for having a disgusting looking beer that tastes good.

I meant to enter the esb comp last year but I went overseas and wasn't able to get it organised in time. I'll have a few entries this year if I can get myself organised.

All
keep reading the rest of the sentence. it's not serious - Correct interpretation

Styles as per the pdf - AABC applies

For the absence of doubt - NO Spaghetti

P1

Entry costs? If any.

I guess I was looking for much into it then lol.
Time to get cracking on my ESB then!

Probably $5 per entry

Full entry details will be posted later on i.e. by May

P1

Great work with the advance notice guys. Will plan accordingly!!

Back