2011 Hop Plantations, Show Us Your Hops!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dry mine on flywire screens for a week. Very dry by the end of it but still very pungent smelling. If you used a drying machine then yes, you could over-dry them.

I then vacuum pack them and put them in the freezer. Even a year later they still smell amazing! :icon_drool2:

I can vouch for that, still got a pack of the good Dr's chinook from last year...still sealed, smells ridiculous through the bag,
will be chucking those in a nice pale in the coming weeks.

Nibbo said:
Planted my Chinook donated by thylacine on the 26/8 and only now has it emerged....just. I've been like an expecting father pacing up and down checking it day and night. Hopefully the sunshine stays around to get it grooving along...so proud.
Hi Nibbo,

How is the Chinook doing now? Pics are from the 'parent' plant. Three pickings so far this year. ;-)

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

thylacine said:
Hi Nibbo,

How is the Chinook doing now? Pics are from the 'parent' plant. Three pickings so far this year. ;-)
Hey mate...

The Chinook is unstoppable...love it. It was the worst treated and easily grew the best (Out of 5 varieties - Chinook, Goldings, Mt Hood, Victoria & Cascade, 2 survived and the goldings hung on for dear life for months before going gangbussters). Chinooks been split into 3 and all are growing well and almost ready for first seasons harverst. Havn't got any photo's to post. I might try get some on here.

I'm hoping to pick up an old rusty windmill from a local farm which i'll probably grow some of the chinook up it next year.

Latest posts

Back