2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just kegged my swap beer..... Has been happily sitting in a cube, lagering for a month or two. Carefully opened the tap a little..... and nothing. I remember rinsing the new cube out really really well with boiling water, sanitising ect. Don't remember drilling a hole in the cube though..... Wanker.

Anyway, done now. 2206 really flocs out well after sitting in the one spot for multiple weeks. Even when tipped on its side for a minute.

Looking forward to bottling in PET (from keg).

:icon_chickcheers: bring on the beer! I'll be brewing my keg contribution this week sometime... not sure what yet... possibly my award winning (2nd at the Ipswich Show... as if it doesn't get more prestigious than that! :lol: ) Santa Anna Pale Ale.

Looking forward to a tasting Bonj but think your award-winning beer incorrectly named.
TTBOMK Anna is no Santa & takes much more than she gives. :lol:

TP

mine will be brewed this sunday after the house move. taking my kit and kilo to a swap was the best thing i ever did i reralised i could be a better brewer.

With what looks like a massive turnout for this event, has anyone contemplated the name tag thing that was done a few years back? I wasn't around then, but think the idea of everyone having their own tag with their real name, and AHB username on it wouldn't be such a bad idea.......

Cheers

With what looks like a massive turnout for this event, has anyone contemplated the name tag thing that was done a few years back? I wasn't around then, but think the idea of everyone having their own tag with their real name, and AHB username on it wouldn't be such a bad idea.......

Cheers
I'll answer to "Hey get me one while you're there."

Will see if I can source some cheap lanyards or something if everyone is interested.....

Cheers

Already prepared to ensure people will know who I am on the night... :unsure:

Stay tuned Nick for my own personal piece of Identification for the Swap, should be here next week.. ;)

Ill take a pic when it arrives....

:icon_cheers: CB

Cheers

Nick,

I mentioned this very thing to Brucey at Winkle's but can't recall his opinion. TTBOMM I think the tags were supplied gratis along with a lot of beer by Jimmyjack? Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong here?
I still have my original tag, personally autographed by Rossco :lol: but reckon tags are a great idea if we can get them.

TP

If not lanyards, big bloody stickers to write our names on!

Cheers

If not lanyards, big bloody stickers to write our names on!

Cheers

Stickers/Labels?? Great idea, they've been used for years to help people identify each other at functions, why did I just waste $30 on my own form of ID??? :rolleyes: Memorabillia....

Will see if I can source some cheap lanyards or something if everyone is interested.....

Cheers
Just some jam labels will do and I doubt you'll need one for Chappo. If anyone doesn't know who he is by the end of the night they must have passed out very early :)

Can't wait to sample my case swap brew, the wort tastes divine and it'll be my first use of 1469 yeast. It's a darker style ale that's somewhat "inspired" by the White Rabbit brew but certainly not a clone. Colour is a dark ruby brown, when the 1469 drops out nicely it should look magic in a glass.

I'll bring you 10c for your trouble Pete..... :ph34r:

Chappo told me it was mandatory to have your name tattooed on your forehead for this event. I got mine last week and it hurt like buggery. Don't tell me he was having me on!

Chappo told me it was mandatory to have your name tattooed on your forehead for this event. I got mine last week and it hurt like buggery. Don't tell me he was having me on!
Actually, tattooing is providing free of charge at the swap via Nikko pens!

Already prepared to ensure people will know who I am on the night...

Well I think most ppl know who I am even if they haven't met me ..

On returning from a swap my misses asked airport security " have you seen a big bloke with a beard ?" and quick as a flash his replie .. "That bloke just heading across the car park " with finger pointed ..

So if the loud shirt dosent do it , I have something comming in the post that should make me stand out in the croud...

I have my tag here from the first woodhill adventure...was a good help too ....

cheers

Osama Bin Ned :lol:

I shall be wearing a Honda shirt...as per previous swaps... :p

Stickers/Labels?? Great idea, they've been used for years to help people identify each other at functions, why did I just waste $30 on my own form of ID??? :rolleyes: Memorabillia....

You're coming dressed in a $30 inflatable hop suit?

large_Hop%20Man.jpg

Well I think most ppl know who I am even if they haven't met me ..

On returning from a swap my misses asked airport security " have you seen a big bloke with a beard ?" and quick as a flash his replie .. "That bloke just heading across the car park " with finger pointed ..

So if the loud shirt dosent do it , I have something comming in the post that should make me stand out in the croud...

I have my tag here from the first woodhill adventure...was a good help too ....

cheers

You're a one-off model mate but my concern is that I won't be able to remember (Especially after the first few hours) the names of a lot of the other 50 or so brewers in attendance. :(

Ahhhh the memories invoked by this pic. :lol:
Ned___George.JPG

TP

Back