2009 Footy Tipping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good suff schooey :super:

How do we explain the bulldogs though? they are an ugly breed :p

cheers

Ok....

NRL comp is here...

details;

Comp Name: Aussie Home Brewers NRL 2009
Comp Number: 173012
Comp Password: ahb2009

If you haven't registered, you will need to. then it's as easy as entering the comp details and off you go... You can enter your tips week by week, or all at once as far as I know. It sends you an email alert every week, and you can even set it up for an SMS alert if you're that OCD.

If you join, you agree to send a bottle of your finest to the winner, winner takes all. No cop outs like last year or Fatz will publicly shame you... :D

How do we explain the bulldogs though? they are an ugly breed :p

You haven't taken notice of the average canterbury supporter's girlfriend? :p

Nah just kidding... In the old days when they used to play weight divisions, the Canterbury/Bankstown district sides were known as the most tenacious sides pound for pound and were nicknamed the 'Bulldogs'

...or so I'm tole... Happy to be corrected, Jase71?

Ahh well see.... the Rabbitoh's are the South Sydney Club, a foundation club. In the great depression in Sydney, meat was rare and pricey, except for Rabbits, which you could get for a coupla bob... There were blokes going up and down the streets with carts of Rabbits in Southern Sydney yelling out "Rabbit'oh.....Rabbit'oh" selling their rabbits..... and it just stuck

Same as the Illawarra Steelers were spawned from the Steelworks in the heart of the Illawarra, The Knights realm is in Newcastle and the Parramata River was oce full of slimy eels until they polluted the shit of it... :p

here endeth the lesson...

Bravo that man...well done.

And your prize for being so knowledgeable is me kicking your arse in the tipping comp. :eek:

GAME ON! :super:

Nice one Schooey
just joined the comp.

couldnt help myself made the banner for you to upload on oztips

Franko

ahbfooty.jpg

I'm in ;)

FGZ still hiding I see :p

As the super coach of the AHB, I'm just sitting here, looking at the new recruits - sizing them up like. Just like Bennett is going down here in the Dragons Lair.

For the record, last year Cracka & I tied for first place, but he won on some mysterious points scoring system that had something to do with the the moon, tides, solar flares and other mysteries to me !

What I will say is .. no dropouts ! Its annoying to start a comp and have people fall by the wayside.

Hint - nominate the winners six weeks in advance. You call always go back and change them. That way if you forget or too late to get the tips in, you have them in ! It's also funny, the only time I got a perfect round last year I put the tips in three weels in advance - great system.

Honestly I hardly know anything about footy. Nobody plays that in Germany. Too much soccer.

However I ended up at the Knights corporate launch yesterday. I got a mate working for Oztips and he got some tickets for it. Free booze and food. Only had Bluetongue because they are a sponsor as well.
It was funny to watch the players in their suits standing around with their water bottles, because they werent allowed to drink. No wonder they were keen to head of quickly.

For the record, last year Cracka & I tied for first place, but he won on some mysterious points scoring system that had something to do with the the moon, tides, solar flares and other mysteries to me !

Still sore after all these months :D :D :D :D

Im in!

Should be fun

cheers

Come on, join Phillips comp as well. We dont mind if you know nothing about games of skill , hey, just try your best :ph34r:

I never know what you guys are talking about there is Football(AFL), Rugby and Soccer :rolleyes:

You're kidding right, hang on need to check ......... you live in Australia and it is 2009 ......... FFS

Count me in for the real game, not the one resembling a school playground (without corners) with a heap of kids chasing a football around, kicking punting and generally farting around and bumping chests like bantom roosters when upset with one another. :lol: :lol: ducking for cover from good looking tall blokes with no facial scars and straight noses wearing poofy sleveless jersy's.

Screwy

You're kidding right, hang on need to check ......... you live in Australia and it is 2009 ......... FFS

Count me in for the real game, not the one resembling a school playground (without corners) with a heap of kids chasing a football around, kicking punting and generally farting around and bumping chests like bantom roosters when upset with one another. :lol: :lol: ducking for cover from good looking tall blokes with no facial scars and straight noses wearing poofy sleveless jersy's.

Screwy

:lol: Real game?? big bogans throwing the ball backwards too go forwards kissing each others neck in a huddle while the guy behind is sniffing your crack ill stick with the school playground :D

nrl players are too stupid to play football

afl players are too clumsy to play football

only soccer players have it to play football

Latest posts

Back