2008 Sa Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else get the following when clicking on the wiki

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I have placed my name on the list but if there is a problem with it, just letting you know I am in.

Ok with Summer Styles and Longnecks.

Youngy

Is anyone else get the following when clicking on the wiki

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I have placed my name on the list but if there is a problem with it, just letting you know I am in.

Ok with Summer Styles and Longnecks.

Youngy

yes, the link in the OP is broken for some reason the wiki is now showarticle=65 instead of 64. navigating to it the old fashioned way works fine tho.

anyway to fix/edit the original post?

Ill make an effort for this one, count me in.
Hmmm.... what to brew

Have entered my name and my prefered date for the get together. The 6th is most definitely out for me.

BYB

Braufrau, from what I remember of the 2007 Xmas case swap, your partial got better feedback than some of the AG beers... I for one would rather drink something that tasted great than choose something because of the method of production.

thanks Ben. While my APA wasn't a patch on your the saucy wench, i didn't think it was too shabby.

And thanks Enoch. I probably take you up on your offer to make beer while HWMBO navigates pigs entrails but still looking forward to seeing the darebin st. brewery. :)

Will add that if anyone who lives within cooee of Holden Hill wants to do an AG beer and need the equipment, let me know and I will be more than happy to organize a brew day at mine. As basic as it is....

Cheers

HK

Will add that if anyone who lives within cooee of Holden Hill wants to do an AG beer and need the equipment, let me know and I will be more than happy to organize a brew day at mine. As basic as it is....

Cheers

HK

i'll also extend the offer to anyone down south :D
-mike

Braufrau - as you pointed out it takes you just as long to make a partial and the one you put into last years swap easily held its own against the others. Partials fine, anything that requires a can opener, no good.

But.... if any K&K brewers want to come along and talk to other brewers you are more than welcome to attend. The swap is just an excuse for brewers to get drunk together.... :lol:

Dark wit? As long as its not 10% Kenny i reckon thats fine, we dont want to restrict the styles completely, its just that many of us dont feel the need to drink 10% belgian strong ales in 40C heat watching the cricket.

What goes on BigH?

The aim is to get the actual swapping done before too many beers have disappeared. And as i discovered at BYBs house, 1 keg isnt over catering! If you think you are bringing too much beer think again! We then share whatever beers everyone has brought along and attempt to drain all of the hosts kegs and anyone else's kegs. Lots of food, some shenanigans and far too many photographs to fill in the blanks the next day. For those that stay the night the bbq will be fired up again for a greasy fry up.

WARNING..... homekegger. Noticed Dr Gonzos name on the list, beware of that eisbock... :party:

December 13th seems to be popular, lets pencil that date in. Kick off around 12. Will get a few bbqs together (anyone want to lend me a weber for the day?) and cook as many different furry creatures as possible.

And Mike - a decocted pilsner would be very VERY nice. I have my first attempt at a single decoction pilsner lagering away now and a double decocted munich dunkel in primary. Not as hard (or time consuming) as i thought it would be and the smell of boiling mash is to die for! :icon_drool2:

On the surface, "Ice beer" does sound like a good idea in 40C, but last xmas case swap has taught me (and others!) better!

Though I guess it depends on your perspective of what a "good idea" is.

If you're a fan of mid-afternoon kips, I'd recommend giving it a go. Wouldn't you agree homekegger?

naptime.JPG

On the surface, "Ice beer" does sound like a good idea in 40C, but last xmas case swap has taught me (and others!) better!

Though I guess it depends on your perspective of what a "good idea" is.

If you're a fan of mid-afternoon kips, I'd recommend giving it a go. Wouldn't you agree homekegger?

naptime.JPG

HAHAHA...

I wasn't sleeping, I was checking out Jayse's Arse... So hot right now....

DAMN.. Who said camera's were even allowed at swaps.

Just when you thought you escaped the past, it creeps up and smacks you in the nose....

Cheers

HK

HAHAHA...

I wasn't sleeping, I was checking out Jayse's Arse... So hot right now....

DAMN.. Who said camera's were even allowed at swaps.

Just when you thought you escaped the past, it creeps up and smacks you in the nose....

Cheers

HK

Well how do you explain this one. Another get together with the same result :ph34r: Never let it be said that homekegger1 is not on the job.... :lol:

BYB

IMGP1706.JPG

:lol: :lol:...you'll NEVER live it down HK, not twice.......it's on the net, so google has it stashed somewhere - it's there forever, your grandkids will be looking it up to have a laugh at Poppa......:lol:

Ability to sleep while sitting up. Now THAT's a skill.

If it were an olympic event, it'd be GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! for homekegger! :icon_chickcheers:

Sorry champ, I'll stop (for now). :lol:

In addition to the case swap, are there any/many takers keen on some yeast swapping.

I know a few of you are into the slants and i reckon we could bribe Mike into doing a demo before he gets stuck into the amber fluid. :D

I keep my yeast under cooled, boiled H2O but am willing to swap with people if anyone is interested.

i'm more than happy to do a demo. i can make slants of your yeast as part of the demo, i'd be doing this for myself anyway so you could keep your yeast. i think i'm turning into a bit of a yeast junkie :p

In addition to the case swap, are there any/many takers keen on some yeast swapping.

I know a few of you are into the slants and i reckon we could bribe Mike into doing a demo before he gets stuck into the amber fluid. :D

I keep my yeast under cooled, boiled H2O but am willing to swap with people if anyone is interested.

I need to get off my ass and try slanting. Have had all the gear accumulated here at home for some time now.

BYB

IMGP1953.JPG

:lol: , (on that note, would those who are organised enough at that stage like to contribute an extra bottle towards a case for the QLDers? )

Apologies for hijacking your thread SA people but this is the best idea I've seen on this site in ages ;) :D

Back