2 Brothers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for the growler.

we're in bentleigh east now, so its time to visit the brewery i think

My initial assessment from several years ago has changed
From my experience both assessments are valid.
I remember trying them back at the homebrew conference in 2008 and being very unimpressed. The best of them I found only ok.
Every time I've tasted them since then there's been a real improvement and I think they are now producing some very nice beers.

Taxi Pils is pretty sub-par, Kung Foo is a decent gateway beer for swillers, but I LOVE Growler and absolutely adore The Chief (a seasonal Marzen which I hope they have on again soon!) Plus their tap handles are sweet - The Chief had a Tomahawk!

I tried the Voodoo Baltic Porter at Dan O'Connell's on tap last week and quite enjoyed it.

The Chief is back on at the beer hall, and tasting very good too. It's one of those beers that runs the knife edge for me, not always a favourite of mine, but every time a new batch comes out I make sure I try it. Sometimes it's just one pint and I'm meh, back to the Growler or maybe a James Brown or Voodoo, but when it's good (as I reckon it has been the last couple of rounds) that's all I'm drinking all night.

welcome to the suburb!!!
should catch up for a beer or brew

A bit busy at the moment with f/t work and uni as well, PM sent tho mate for future ref

Latest posts

Back