2 & 3 Litre Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lukes said:
Jye,
Looks good.

This could be my next project.
Can you list the bits needed to make one and how to get hold of them.

Luke
[post="78408"][/post]​

Indeed...parts list please :)

PZ.

Hey Luke,

The parts are pretty much what I posted earlier. The T-piece is 0.5 inch and there is a reducer part that goes from 0.5 inch to a smaller thread (not sure what) but the smaller thread fits inside the lid. The gas post is screwed straight in with some gas sealing tap. The only difficult part was to make a shelf inside the thread for the dip tube to sit in. For this I cut off about a 2mm piece of threaded pipe and screwed it in to the base of the liquid end of the t-piece, then placed a washer on top if that, the dip tube can now sit in the washer, put one of those big yellow life saver washers on top of the dip tube and screw it down with the liquid post.

Hope that made sense :blink:

Jye

that looks like so much overkill! I love it!
It looks great though, so simple, standard fittings and everything.
Just think you could make 3 or 4 up and couple 3 or 4 2L coke bottles up in a daisy chain and have a 8L setup all in the esky!

Hoops

that looks like so much overkill!

Yes... yes it is :D

As for making 3 or 4 I don't think so, the post are to expensive but I was luck enough to get given an old dip tube :super: I only wish you could still get the 3L coke bottles, that would be the perfect one person supply at a party.

Jye said:
I only wish you could still get the 3L coke bottles, that would be the perfect one person supply at a party.
[post="78425"][/post]​
My thoughts exactly. I used to use the 3L bottles for a few differnt brewing purposes and used to buy them specifically to use the bottles afterwards. Spewin when I couldn't find them anymore :angry:

I had it in bits on the weekend and remembered to take some pics.

DCP01899.JPG

DCP01900.JPG

Back