1st Wheat Beer Idea's?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bum, mate, that recipe i put down, has settled nice, though i highly reccomend getting some wheat malt for future recipe, or similiar, I can barely taste the wheaty flavour in my brew! I was hoping for a complete wheat over-haul on the senses, but instead, got a pale belgium strong ale taste IMO.
Im not complaining too much, as it is still a good drop for a K&K, but id like to tackle it again with some grains/diff malt... good luck.

Do you thing the coriander and the orange rind might have had something to do with taking over the 'wheaty' flavour, which I generally find to be subtle anyway ?

So how do the additions taste anyway, do they fit nicely into what you woould like in a beer flavour ? Ide like to spice one up exactly as you have sometime.

Yeah, I was going to ask how they came through too. I think the missus likes the citrus aroma and slight finish in the Hoegaarden more than anything else. If it isn't that present I may not bother.

Thanks for the update, j1gsaw.

I just put down an evil wheat brew today,

2x cans Coopers Brewmaster wheat
1x can Coopers LME
1kg dex
20g Corriander seeds + rind from one big orange (boiled 15 mins)
teaspoon of plain flour
1x Saaz and 1x Goldings hops teabags.

Yeast from both cans.
OG - 1080

Cheers, im gonna make one today.

How did yours turn out?

Latest posts

Back