Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Morgan's Redback Clone

Discussion in 'Kits & Extracts' started by RobSnoo, 2/2/19.

1. RobSnoo

Posted 2/2/19
    I used to love Redback when I lived in Brissy. No idea if they still make it now I'm in NSW. At the time i didn't know it was a wheat beer. I guess it was fermented wirh an ale or lager yeast I have no idea. The recommended recipe is pictured but i did what i could....

1 x can Morgans Golden Sheaf Wheat Beer
    1 x 1kg bag of lhbs 'body brew' which is 750g dextrose, 250g corn syrup
    15g Hallertau steeped for 10 mins
    1 packet Mangrove Jacks M20 Bavarian Wheat yeast @ 18°C.

I plan to leave in primary for 14 days, cold crash for 5 (due to shift work roster), bottle, allow to carb up at ambient for 2 weeks (25°c???) and hopefully drink fresh. If it's shit I'll try a bottle every 2 weeks until it's either good or gone.

Again, I'll report back.
    Screenshot_20190202-193453_Chrome.jpeg

2. RobSnoo

Posted 11/2/19
    Bottled. Smelled amazing. Hydro sample tasted a bit watery but a beautiful slight hint of both banana and cloves. Thought the son would be put off by this but he loved it.

3. RobSnoo

Posted 17/2/19 at 7:59 AM
    This turned out beautifully after 9 days in the bottle. I'm drinking it clear (not shaken). Great light taste of banana and cloves. Not overpowering at all. This is definitely a keeper. Maybe some steeped grains or oats next time for some head retention. Otherwise a beautiful beer. 20190217_183713.jpeg

ThePM and Mat like this.