1l Swing-top Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nabs478

Reaction score
I am hoping to get my hands on some 1L Swing-Top bottles.

I have found a place in Melbourne that sells them, but they import them and they only sell them by the pallet load, which is 676 bottles!

Including swing-tops they are about $1.80 per bottle, brand new, but take 90 days to get here.

I would be keen to take about 100 of them.

If enough other people are keen for some, I would happy to organise it and pay up front until they arrive with a 20-30% deposit for any orders.

Incidently, if anyone else knows where I can get these in samller quantities, brand new I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Pip downing

0401 885 860

What sort are these?
If they are the clear ones with the angled? sides they are probably not strong enough to hold pressure.

Do you have a pic?

cheers
johnno

They are clear.

About the strength, you could be right, I didnt consider that. But I would be surprised.

http://www.cospak.com.au/productdetails.asp?ProductID=10110

That is the link to a page with a pic and the specs.

Pip

I think you will find that these are the ones that restuarants have sitting out with water in them. They are designed more so for decoration purpose's. I would agree that they may not be suitable for carbonating in. Try and get one from a restaurant before lashing out big bucks.

BYB...

I think you will find that these are the ones that restuarants have sitting out with water in them. They are designed more so for decoration purpose's. I would agree that they may not be suitable for carbonating in. Try and get one from a restaurant before lashing out big bucks.

BYB...

You can generally get these at cheap shops too...

Can you tell me where exactly? I figured I probably could too, but I have tried to find some where and cmae up with nothing

try a HOUSE Store im pretty sure they have a similar product , not really interested in the swing tops but they do have some nice lookin bottles thats for sure ....

I walked past some in The Warehouse today - about $2.50 from memory. They didn't look like pressure vessels to me.

I'd be interested in some 1L brown swingtops pressure rated for beer. These get two strikes in my book: 1, they're clear and 2: they probably aren't pressure rated. Apart from water, these would be good for bottling chilli or tomato sauce and the like.

Hi!

I think "System Pack" in Germany is the manufacturer of these bottles.

May be they know a dealer close to you. Asking is for free... ;)

http://www.systempack.de/e-swingtop-bottle...logue.html#1000

Alex

I found these guys and emailed them, but they didnt reply. I also spoke to a friend of mine who works in the geology industry and he said that shipping a pallet by itself would cost about $500-$700 from Germany to Australia. But these cospak dudes will get it cheaper coz they are shipping crap around constantly. They probably quote 90days because they will just slip it into a container when they can. So even if ze germans could do a good price, the shipping would screw me. They have a much better range of botlles though, that are designed for beer...maybe i should give them a ring!

I found these guys and emailed them, but they didnt reply. I also spoke to a friend of mine who works in the geology industry and he said that shipping a pallet by itself would cost about $500-$700 from Germany to Australia. But these cospak dudes will get it cheaper coz they are shipping crap around constantly. They probably quote 90days because they will just slip it into a container when they can. So even if ze germans could do a good price, the shipping would screw me. They have a much better range of botlles though, that are designed for beer...maybe i should give them a ring!

Hey Pip
How many bottles are you after?
I have a lead on some out-of-date imported beer (Best before Oct 2000!) in brown 750ml crown seals. I'll be checking these out this weekend. I think they have a pallet load.

Latest posts

Back