100L octaves (oak wine barrels) Melbourne.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
Hi Melbournians

100L oak octaves ex-Yalumba, 7yrs old. Same as the Qld BB - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/70996-100-l-octaves-oak-wine-barrels-brisbane/

They are ordered by the pallet. 3 barrels per pallet. $90 each plus $41 freight. so $131 each. (Im assuming we are paying more for the barrels than QLD as we are ordering less)

Pickup location to be confirmed.
I will require payment on confirmation of order.

1 CM2

I'd like to wrap this up ASAP so we dont miss out.

pickup is a yalumba warehouse in footscray.

they are pretty awesome, but i'm going to have to pass this time around

Edit to add, think about changing the name of the thread to add Victoria/melbourne in there somewhere

1. Cm2
2. George (melb brewers)

1 spot left on the first pallet.

To answer a question. The casks are coming directly from yalumba winery

1 Cm2
2. George (melb brewers)

4. Lein (mb)
5. Lein (mb)
6. Lein (mb)

citymorgue2 said:
Hi Melbournians

100L oak octaves ex-Yalumba, 7yrs old. Same as the Qld BB - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/70996-100-l-octaves-oak-wine-barrels-brisbane/

They are ordered by the pallet. 3 barrels per pallet. $90 each plus $41 freight. so $131 each. (Im assuming we are paying more for the barrels than QLD as we are ordering less)

Pickup location to be confirmed.
I will require payment on confirmation of order.

1 CM2

I'd like to wrap this up ASAP so we dont miss out.
CM2, our barrels ended up @ $90 too as I asked for them to be cleaned and prepped ready for filling, which bumped the price $10. Thought that was a reasonable option, saving the potential loss of 100L from inadequate cleaning.

seamad said:
CM2, our barrels ended up @ $90 too as I asked for them to be cleaned and prepped ready for filling, which bumped the price $10. Thought that was a reasonable option, saving the potential loss of 100L from inadequate cleaning.
ah sweet. Good call. Cheers

Im also told casks have been cleaned and are ready to fill. Thw qld boys paif $90 as well in the end as they asked theres to be cleaned wtc and ready to go.

Im closing this order monday as I need my cask here and ready for a project.

Hi
I can round off the first pallet
many thanks for organizing this

1 Cm2
2. George (melb brewers)
3. lach W

4. Lein (mb)
5. Lein (mb)
6. Lein (mb)

Lach

lachw said:
Hi
I can round off the first pallet
many thanks for organizing this

1 Cm2
2. George (melb brewers)
3. lach W

4. Lein (mb)
5. Lein (mb)
6. Lein (mb)

Lach
G’day

I would like one of these babes too but it looks like we won’t be able to fill another pallet. If so count me in.

Cheers

I had a physio named hans when I was 12. From sweden too. Funny stuff. Mate we will do our best to accommodate you.

1 Cm2
2. George (melb brewers)
3. lach W

4. Lein (mb)
5. Lein (mb)
6. Lein (mb)

7. Cm2
8. Hans

Buying another one so 1 more person.

1 Cm2
2. George (melb brewers)
3. lach W
4. Lein (mb)
5. Lein (mb)
6. Lein (mb)
7. Cm2
8. Hans
9. Matt (mb)

So if u want one we need 3 for another pallet otherwise u arrange ur own buy.

Again, im closing this monday.

Melbourne brewers is going to have some awsome barrel projects going.

citymorgue2 said:
Melbourne brewers is going to have some awsome barrel projects going.
Not just Melbourne mate. Should be some great barrel projects up the whole coast.
Being that we have the multiple barrels out in Brisbane and also a few in Sydney on the same barrels we could be in for a octo beer case swap??

I for one would be really interested in tasting others efforts in the same barrels.

Oh I know that it was more a comment aimed at victoria.

Wasn't calling you out bud just adding to your comment and putting the idea out for a possible swap.
My wording probably isn't coming out the way it sounds in my head ive had a few beers and just come off 2x12hr days. Knackered!!

Lol. Lack of punctuation in my post makes it sound like I was calling u out. I wasnt. I was saying I know what u were saying and my comment was more aimed at vic. All good. Swaps rock. There is an intersttae funky beer swap. So it can work.

Latest posts

Back