100 litre 3v electric brewery build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20180117_131529.jpg
Screenshot_20180117-133216.png
Screenshot_20180117-134247.png

20180117_130339.jpg

Main power done and cleaner.
Got 110 litres in the hlt. No leaks!

2 elements 11000 watts max looks like close to 2 deg per min. Pretty stoked with that.

Just running the best cleaner through as well. Brewman brewery wash aka BBW.

20180117_154642.jpg
20180117_154612.jpg
20180117_150907.jpg
20180117_140725.jpg
20180117_140730.jpg

So stoked! Wet run completed!
I can see a few tweeks here and there but I'm very happy with the system.

Now just to finish the brew program. Then ill run it and just have everything unplugged.
Go through the motions see what happens.
It's pretty cool starting pumps and elements from your phone. Feels gooooood [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

So I think I might be in the running for the most stealth brewery on the sunny coast.
Even when I had the brau I would have that noisy arse March piece of shit pump going.
Expensive noisy gutless piece of shit.
For sale, one March pump......

Screenshot_20180117-211710.png

So with water (No malt etc) I've got a 1.1 or 1.2 degree difference from HLT to mash.
Also the mash keeps up the whole way woth the HLT.
So that rules out having a small heat exchanger now. Just pump more kj 's in and she's all good.
This will be a fast and very pleasant brewday once it's going.

So I think I might be in the running for the most stealth brewery on the sunny coast.
Even when I had the brau I would have that noisy arse March piece of shit pump going.
Expensive noisy gutless piece of shit.
For sale, one March pump......
They the keg king ones? Very under-rated pump. Cheap, powerful & quiet. If they came standard with the stainless heads they wouldn't cop the flak they do. There is now a bigger 3/4" version out too.

Which, by the way, a small additional investment in those stainless heads may save a lot of future pain. I had a threaded nozzle break off in a ball valve during a cleaning run (not the brew, thank goodness).

Built a brew stand this arvo. Had some 50 x 50 laying around so used that.

Still trying to decide how to mount the control panel.

It weights as much as the stand itself so won't be any good to have it joined to the stand.

My skin has that welding flash burn smell lol.

View attachment 110991
Nice job on the stand love the 45* angle cuts . When I built my brew stand I just butt welded would have loved the 45* angle cuts it looks so much more professional . However having it butt welded meant that I could use the openings at the ends of the tubing which worked out well for I had a peice of angle iron that slid perfectly into the end of the tubing and bolted my control panel to the angle iron and now it is fully removable .

Nice job on the stand love the 45* angle cuts . When I built my brew stand I just butt welded would have loved the 45* angle cuts it looks so much more professional . However having it butt welded meant that I could use the openings at the ends of the tubing which worked out well for I had a peice of angle iron that slid perfectly into the end of the tubing and bolted my control panel to the angle iron and now it is fully removable .
It was tricky welding such this gal with an old stick welder.
My panel is about 20 to 30kg so it wasn't going to work having it attached to the stand.
Also the panel has to be in that location because of the 63amp 240v power.
Once I've got the bcs sussed out I don't really have to use the panel. Just turn it on and run the brewday from tablet or phone.

The sight glass is for checking the clarity of the wort? Does the brewtech recirc manifold stay on top of the wort by itself or does it sink in?

Back