1 heater belt 2 fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigtwist

Reaction score
I'm using the one heat belt wrapped around 2 fermenters I have going hopefully it will give off enough heat to keep both temps up during the cold nights and days the heating element of the belt is only touching a bit on each keg not long enough to wrap around both fingers crossed it works

image.jpg

It should work just not as good as on one. I have the same issue at the moment, think I'll do the same

Grab a couple of t shirts aswell, one for each and place them over the fermenters so the head hole is on the lid, helps keep them a bit warmer.

Grab a new belt theres a good one on ebay adjustable, 30watts 240v australia shipping 20bux. Ive had one a few years now just brought another. Then ya dont have to worry.
Edit: and yeast are living just like us they need a blanket around them to help keep them warm.

Freezing this morning 7c maybe lower and the 2 fermenters 1 belt is going good holding at about 16-18 as opposed to 20-22 with belt on one fermenter

Back