.02 Bac Proposal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alas JC you missaed my point (i was probably vaugue) after spending a year studying human rights i didnt mean to imply that they are not inherent. only that the way people were speaking about them mimics american understanding (or misunderstanding) or rights and liberties.

your correct about certain human rights being deemed to be inherent by western world as show in from way back in 1215 with the Magna Carta, and following conventions treatoies etc.

regardless i fear we have drifted off topic. THe 0.02 BAC proposal has been rejected. all is good.

alas JC you missaed my point (i was probably vaugue) after spending a year studying human rights i didnt mean to imply that they are not inherent. only that the way people were speaking about them mimics american understanding (or misunderstanding) or rights and liberties.

your correct about certain human rights being deemed to be inherent by western world as show in from way back in 1215 with the Magna Carta, and following conventions treatoies etc.

regardless i fear we have drifted off topic. THe 0.02 BAC proposal has been rejected. all is good.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood. Ive been a little riled up the last few days for some reason - rants at the drop of a hat!

You're right, we've gone a long way from BAC.

slightly off topic: Doesnt anyone find it curious, the level of fanaticism surrounding people that drink & drive + die on the roads? Yes, people die, but when you consider the number of total people in australia, multiplied by the high chance that they are probably an idiot (no offence australia, but it's hard to find an intelligent bunch these days) and that always equals problems.

I can forsee the hype of alcohol death tolls existing even until only 1 person has died in a year, and that will be the subject of the same attention and directed finances from the government to "curb our massive death toll"...

slightly off topic: Doesnt anyone find it curious, the level of fanaticism surrounding people that drink & drive + die on the roads? Yes, people die, but when you consider the number of total people in australia, multiplied by the high chance that they are probably an idiot (no offence australia, but it's hard to find an intelligent bunch these days) and that always equals problems.

I can forsee the hype of alcohol death tolls existing even until only 1 person has died in a year, and that will be the subject of the same attention and directed finances from the government to "curb our massive death toll"...

I think the hype comes from a couple of points:

1. They are unncessary preventable deaths
2. More importantly, it is not always the drunk driver who dies/is injured but often an innocent person who is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hence point 1

Cheers SJ

So SJ whats the plan to curv P-plater deaths where innocent parties are killed - where no alcohol is consumed? Move on to blaming the cars..... And if that doesnt work we'll move onto blaming the parents for not teaching them to drive and forging their log book hours..

How many times have we seen the government chasing its friggen tail?

I say stop changing our laws, Order the Navy to shoot at the boat people. And cut me some slack with Tax's.

Your utopian society is inflexible, murderous and wanting everything but wanting to pay for nothing.

Either that you you suck at rhetoric.

So SJ whats the plan to curv P-plater deaths where innocent parties are killed - where no alcohol is consumed? Move on to blaming the cars..... And if that doesnt work we'll move onto blaming the parents for not teaching them to drive and forging their log book hours..

How many times have we seen the government chasing its friggen tail?

I say stop changing our laws, Order the Navy to shoot at the boat people. And cut me some slack with Tax's.

My plan would actually be to make it a lot harder to get a car license. I know this is a poor analogy, but it takes 3 yrs full time study before you get to be an accountant, and you won't kill anyone being an accountant, 20mins steady driving and a forged log book, and you get a drivers license. At the moment any bozo with a full license can teach a learner driver how to drive. At a minimum, parents who want to teach their kids to drive should have to pass a basic competancy test. Though i think driver education should be formalised with a structured curriculum.

Unfortunately too many people assume driving and having a license is a right, something they are automatically entitled to once they reach a certain age. Yes, I will concede that our way of life does revolve to a certain extent around cars. We always hear authorities begging people to take more care, etc etc, but we don't ever see any real steps designed to improve the quality of drivers we put on the streets.

The govt doesn't chase it's tail on this, it makes a lot of noise without really addressing the issues. Fines, inititives, fancy ads, they are happy to do these cos they don't stop/reduce the numbers of drivers. Actually making it harder to get a license would be more expensive to the govt (less taxes collected from fuel, rego, and a bigger demand on public transport).

/rant.

Cheers SJ

Renegade: I used the boat people line cause my last post went unnoticed. Always gets a stir

Bum: utopian? ummm, im Australian. As for been inflexible, You have to have some form of order, and as an old bloke once said "If you keep changing the rule book, people get sick and tired of it" I can see how consistency creates harmony in ones life.

Anyways obviously the people that voted on the proposal had more commonsense to turn it down. Cheers

My plan would actually be to make it a lot harder to get a car license. I know this is a poor analogy, but it takes 3 yrs full time study before you get to be an accountant, and you won't kill anyone being an accountant, 20mins steady driving and a forged log book, and you get a drivers license. At the moment any bozo with a full license can teach a learner driver how to drive. At a minimum, parents who want to teach their kids to drive should have to pass a basic competancy test. Though i think driver education should be formalised with a structured curriculum.

Unfortunately too many people assume driving and having a license is a right, something they are automatically entitled to once they reach a certain age. Yes, I will concede that our way of life does revolve to a certain extent around cars. We always hear authorities begging people to take more care, etc etc, but we don't ever see any real steps designed to improve the quality of drivers we put on the streets.

The govt doesn't chase it's tail on this, it makes a lot of noise without really addressing the issues. Fines, inititives, fancy ads, they are happy to do these cos they don't stop/reduce the numbers of drivers. Actually making it harder to get a license would be more expensive to the govt (less taxes collected from fuel, rego, and a bigger demand on public transport).

/rant.

Cheers SJ

Mate I make a living out of fixing people's automobiles. Its a big industry, and it supports alot of jobs.

Out in the bush we dont have public transport, so its not like I can catch a train to get home, I have to regulate my alcohol intake to be able to get home of a Friday night. I dont make a pig of myself have a good friday night and get home to the missus and kids

Renegade: I used the boat people line cause my last post went unnoticed. Always gets a stir

Oh, OK. That's very noble & clever. It still appears that your username is a misnomer.

Perhaps it was already summed up in this:
you suck at rhetoric.

... whaever was meant by that !

You have to have some form of order, and as an old bloke once said "If you keep changing the rule book, people get sick and tired of it" I can see how consistency creates harmony in ones life.

Are all statements from 'old blokes' on the money ? Cool, then consider this statement from Dr. Tim Leary.....

"When I say think for yourself, I don't mean think selfishly for yourself. I mean think independently."

"If you're going to think for yourself, you gotta learn to think clearly."

"The person who thinks for herself or himself has to have a sense of humility, and of modesty, and of relativity because you have to realize that I'm thinking for myself, but hopefully you are too, and you're bound to come out with something a little different from me. So there has to be an ability to listen, compassion, plus the modesty. No matter how smart we are there's a lot we aren't going to be able to figure out tonight."

Food for thought ? Probably not.

:lol: You should read his biography !

Complete and utter nutbag.

Thought is was an apt reference.

Dude perpetually had both pupils in one eye socket.

THis must have been so embarrasiing for him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghoulish !

"Go back to Iran, you're an Aya-toolah, what do you want to do ? Cut the heads off people who drink beer"?

haha I still haven't forgotten you little 'word dropping' from a couple of days ago. Me & Dimitrius have got our eye on you, brother.

you know it. anytime your ready.

Latest posts

Back