Your Top Five Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James Squire Golden Ale
Little Creatures Bright Ale
Fat Yak
Beez Neez
Stella Atrois

I have lots of potential beers on my to-do list but currently I think my top 5 is, in no particular order:

Aventinus Eisbock
Schofferhofer Hefe
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
8 Wired Hopwired IPA
Leffe Brune

Stuttgarter Hofbru Pilsner
Paulaner Weibier
Hirsch Zwickl
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Trumer Pils

S&W Pacific
LCBA
Mountain Goat Steam Ale
Coopers Pale Ale
XXXX Draught (rip)

Jan

Some nice ones in here for sure, keep it up guys. In no particular order here are my top five:

VB Original Recipe (RIP?)
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Kilkenny Draught
Barons Lager
Fat Yak

Cheers - boingk

VB Original Recipe (RIP?)

Whatever happened to that? It was a few years ago now maybe 2002-3? It was a special release for a while there. I remember having a few of these and they were very nice.

Linky

VB%20ORIGINAL.jpg

Gday

My top 5 (ish)

1. Leffe (blond or brune- probably blond if in this list)
2. Pelforth Brune (french mass produced dark beer that i grew up on)
3. Kilkenny
4. Coopers pale or sparkling (probably sparkling, but i'd miss the pale)
5. Pilsner urquell or carlsberg.. some crisp clean lager.

yum

g

Whatever happened to that? It was a few years ago now maybe 2002-3? It was a special release for a while there. I remember having a few of these and they were very nice. . . .

It wasn't a special release - it was a mainstream release. Tasty beer, shitloads of marketing... No one bought any of it.

Top 5 for me

Brewdog Punk IPA on cask/pump in London
Budvar
Saison Dupont
Orval
Alpha Pale Ale

Can we have a thread :"Your Top Five Threads dragged up from at least 2009" because gravedigging seems to be the flavour of the moment :rolleyes:

It wasn't a special release - it was a mainstream release. Tasty beer, shitloads of marketing... No one bought any of it.
That's not true. I did, a little. And my company did because it was my go to beer when only mainstream beers were available so they paid for it...
Just quite clearly nowhere near enough to justify keeping it.
Pity, between it and Castlemaine's XXX dark I'd found two beers I was always happy enough to drink when there wasn't much around.

Tasty beer, shitloads of marketing... No one bought any of it.
I did too, obviously just not enough to singlehandedly justify ongoing production.

Was the first beer I listened to my palate before I even knew I had one.

My euro-lager swilling mates at the time would see me drinking it and say "What the hell are you drinking VB for? Here, have a Heiney". I'd just smile and nod sagely...

In no particular order:

• Stone & Wood Pacific Ale
  • Weinstephan Hefeweissbier Dunkel
  • Schlenkeria Rauchbeer Marzen
  • Brewdog Punk IPA
  • Little Creatures IPA

I was working in beer retail at the time and our shop was going through well over a layer a week, which meant it was about on par sales wise with Stella....
Pity no other stores were selling that much, the sales reps couldn't figure out why we sold so much in comparison to everyone else -
-Simple answer - we were a beer specialty retailer and it had very keen pricing.

I did buy a bottle of that VB original, didn't go much on it at all, in fact I'd put it on par with the other VB's, disgusting

That's a shame... really enjoyed it from memory. Seems as though CUB's own marketing was working against them.

In no particular order.. and depeanding on weather mood and where I am..

Barnsley Bitter
Timothy Taylor Landlord
Theakstons OP
Pilsner Urquell/Budvar
Guinness

No particular order

Mountain Goat Hightail Ale
Duvel Red
Haandbryggeriet Hesjel
8 Wired Tall Poppy India Red Ale
LC Rogers

Moa 5 hop Barrel
Plisner Urquell
Artic Fox Chocolate Stout
Duval
Alpha

Duvel
Leffe Brun
Coopers Best Extra Stout
Budvar
Schofferhoffer hefeweizen

and I'd like to get a mild in there like Moorhouse Black Cat maybe I'd swap it for the Duvel if you forced me to.

Back