Your Brew Names And How Did You Come Up With Them?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattric

Reaction score
I've seen a few of the people here have Brew names and I was curious as to how you came up with your name.

What experiences have you had with your beer name?

I have a name for a brewery myself but I'm surous as to if it is worth trade marking it or not.

I've seen a few of the people here have Brew names and I was curious as to how you came up with your name.

I have a name for a brewery myself but I'm surous as to if it is worth trade marking it or not.
I have recently made a wit....
I called it Phark Wit....
I wouldn't waste my time trademarking anything , unless I planned on going commercial...
My half a pint's worth...
Ferg

I've seen a few of the people here have Brew names

Mine is OASIS BREWING

and I was curious as to how you came up with your name.

My wife came up with it for no real reason, just liked the name and wanted something tropical sounding.

Nothing really it was just for fun. My wife wanted us to label the beers we served at our family xmas lunch. The Pale Ale was named after her

"Shalla Pale Ale"

and her mum and sisters all took one home as momentos. Whilst us guys drank it instead. :beer:

My brewery is called Dead Poets' because I live on Henry Lawson Way,,

hence...Loaded Dog Lager...

relo's call me little john....therefore LJPA, Little John's Pale Ale

more names to come....

My "Brewery" is called "BrewFighters".... kinda just got inspired from one of the greatest bands going... No labels or anything printed up yet but in time I will sort it =)

my very first batch = a nut brown ale from memory...

I got one of my kids to hold the fermenter lid while I sprinkled the yeast .....

I later found out the the dog had licked the lid while he was holding it ....

so the first batch was named "the lick of the bitch" ... it was quite nice.

My Brewery is called "The Tribute Brewing Company"... Being ex Army I wanted to use my beer to recognize the awesomeness of our military history.. Not awesomeness of war - just the people and battles that helped in forging our nations truly brilliant reputation...

I have a few brews .. 1 is in the database.. Brewed in pozzieres... I was renovating our house in Qld and needed beer .. I started brewing and it poured down .. The backyard looked like a battlefield .. So hence the name...

Another one I call D445- it's a viet street beer with a heap of jasmine rice in it..

Matt

I think its cool if something unexpected happens while brewing to work it into the beers name.

E.G. Plastic clothes peg fell into my mash tun, couldnt find it to get it back out = Clothes Peg Porter.

Problem is if a something doesnt fall into my brew im hopeless at coming up with anything, e.g. my last brew used some wheat grain in apa for first time.. Wheat.T.F. APA

cool names Ledgenko, love the theme. D445 was also one of the Viet Cong Battalions if my memory and history serves me correctly? think I have that one right. I dont really have theme names for my brews yet. I have Monnes Galaxy pale ale, named after the missus (Simonne), heavily hopped with Galaxy and cascade and also Jackos Imperial Crusader, a RIS I will be brewing very shortly. The grist bill is done, just need to decide on hops (my little blokes name is Jack). My avatar is a Crusaders shield and cross so I am thinking of a name for the brews something along those themes. just makes them easier to remember I reckon.

Mine is Bellevale Alehouse.

I live on Bellevale Crt. Liked the fact that bellevale finishes with Ale so that was kinda it for me.
My house beer is called Anzac Ale, which has australian malt, and new zealand hops.

the fishmongers brewery.

I am a fish, i love fishing, i have 4 kids, and fish names are easy for beer. big red - irish red ale, a golden lager - Kidney slapper, Hammer head - a serious IIPA 7.8%, 115IBU, although some have gone with the use of the hops - williamette and galaxy amber ales.

Hey Fish13, that Hammer Head IIPA sounds awesome. Is the recipe in the database?

Hey Fish13, that Hammer Head IIPA sounds awesome. Is the recipe in the database?

nOT YET.

I am about to brew it though.Minor issue at the moment with the hops being used. 09 US Columbus. has 7.8% on it and it should be maybe 12.6% or even 14.2. No matter i will try it out.

but here is my recipe for 15L batch.

Hammer head (Imperial IPA)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.078 (P): 18.9
Final Gravity (FG): 1.020 (P): 5.1
Alcohol (ABV): 7.66 %
Colour (SRM): 14.0 (EBC): 27.6
Bitterness (IBU): 108.4 (Average)

90.98% Pale Ale Malt
3.01% Carapils (Dextrine)
3.01% Chocolate, Pale
3.01% Vienna

2.7 g/L Columbus (12.6% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
1.3 g/L Columbus (12.6% Alpha) @ 20 Minutes (Boil)
1.3 g/L Columbus (12.6% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil)
1.3 g/L Columbus (12.6% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma)

0.1 g/L Whirlfloc Tablet @ 10 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at 18C with Safale US-05

this is confusing thread do your mean brew names (as in the names of each brew) or brewery names (the name of your brewery) ???

Mines crazy clown brewery as grew up (most my time) in caloundra and some call it clown town so thought I would keep a bit of heritage into the name! as for beer usually the hops that go in or just random things. if its a clone then just call it what I am cloning. had a few excess brews so just use exess hops or grain I have to make something random out of stuff that needs to be used

Brewery is called 'Tree Top' as our house is on a very steep incline and we look over a valley of tree tops....

Beer names: well pretty simple:

Sierra Nevada clone: Nierra Sevada

Stone and wood clone: Rock n Chub

Kelbygreen is a c&nt: KBC

All pretty straight forward, and I would think thats how most would name the beers.. brewery names is the interesting one.

TT_label_1_PASM.jpg

Divine Brown

Amercan brown ale,
named after Hugh grants fling, long legs, brown, american named Divine, oh and I think the prostitute had a similar profile.

The Black Irishman

Export Stout
Named after Paul McGrath, center back in the first Irish soccer team in the world cup, up there wih Paulo Maldini as one of the worlds greatest defenders, also had alcohol problems with his fondness for the black stuff.

Vin du Nord
Biere de Garde,
Literally wine of the north, in french to be correct to style, the romans name for beer.

Devil in disguise
Belgian Tripel,
Coz it had very smooth clean alcohol & light appearance, but was 9.5% ABV

Wee Billy's Big Willy
Strong scotch ale, you can mix them words up anyway you want but they still work after a wee heavy.

60's 80's scottish
used to call the 80 a highland heather, but thinking now will call them "you take the low road" & "I'll take the high road"

Black velvet stout
Dry Irish, the song "galway shawl"...balck velevt band & the fact that I likedry stout more full bodied than the guidelines permit.

Thats all i can think of for now, really enjoying 2 bottles of Old Tom, first time but not the last, the regular (very like a wee heavey) & the chocolate (very Terry's chocolate orange) just sensational beers.

So any one that has been to Gero will get my brewery name, Lazy Tree Brewery. For those that haven't the southerly is that strong it bends the trees over. Scrol down a touch.

The Accountant, a Pale Ale using Citra hop, (CPA)
Sweet Wheat, a honey wheat beer.
Barry White, a very bold and dark Stout
Frank Black (American singer), my first wit to go on tap, quite white in colour because of the cloudy yeast.
You will notice I like naming beers after people.
Julia Gillard, my first dunkelweizen which came out quite red and a little tart.

The best name I have seen is Moo Brew's Velvet Sledgehammer. A really big robust stout with 7.8%Alc. I guess if you had to many it would hit you like a sledgehammer to.

Drew

Normally I use the ingedients as the name or it's a play on words with the ingredients that have been used.

I'm off to Golden Plains music festival and have made a Kolsch for it, Ive called it Bonnie Prince Beery after Will Oldem's stage name of Bonnie Prince Billy who is playing there.

Back