Your Brew Names And How Did You Come Up With Them?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "brewery" has expanded to not just encompass Mugs Brewery, but the newly "established" Chateau Mugaux winery.

Oh so many different brews over the years, most of the names pretty obvious - named after hops, etc...
Black Warrior - Imperial stout hopped with Warrior
Beached Whale Pale Ale - Murrays Whale ale-esque beer
AG 50 - 50th AG brew :p
Backdoor Brown Ale - tasted like ass
Sombre Fort - dark strong Belgian ale
Black Passion - porter with Galaxy and Nelson hops
Omega Lager - brewed with high alpha hops
Epic Fail Pale Ale - didn't work out for me...
Half Nelson Pale Ale - using half NS, half something else
Jake the Muss - brutally potent IPA brewed with NZ hops
Once Were Warriors & What Becomes Of the Broken Hearted - sequel beers
Raunchy Scotsman - Scottish ale brewed with rauch and peated malts
Kiwi in the Woods - oak-aged NZ IPA

My breweries name is Mad House Brewery.and if you need a reason to know where the name came from I sugest that you come around to my place between 3 and 7 any day of the week, when you do its obvious. :icon_cheers:

I think I should name my effort at a dark triple (11.5%) " Fark I forgot to buy whir floc" ... any idea as to why ??? 45 litres worth !!!

I'm a passionate Manly Sea Eagles fan, so when we built our house on our 50 acre block, it had to be called "Brookvale". Therefore, my brewery is called "Brookvale Brew Shed".

As for my beers, I'm only up to batch #4 and so far they have been:

Loosener Lager - my first attempt at brewing so, much like a bowler's first ball of the day, it was a bit of a 'loosener'
Brookvale Brown Ale - Simply named for the colour
Parkes Road Pale Ale - Named after the style and the road that runs past our property
Horny Honey Blonde - A blonde ale that I'm experimenting with by adding honey.

I'm planning a witbier that I'm going to add honey to, so given my breakfast is usually weet bix with honey, and this will be wheat beer with honey, I'm going to call it Brookvale Brekkie Beer.

I'm a passionate Manly Sea Eagles fan, so when we built our house on our 50 acre block, it had to be called "Brookvale". Therefore, my brewery is called "Brookvale Brew Shed".

As for my beers, I'm only up to batch #4 and so far they have been:

Loosener Lager - my first attempt at brewing so, much like a bowler's first ball of the day, it was a bit of a 'loosener'
Brookvale Brown Ale - Simply named for the colour
Parkes Road Pale Ale - Named after the style and the road that runs past our property
Horny Honey Blonde - A blonde ale that I'm experimenting with by adding honey.

I'm planning a witbier that I'm going to add honey to, so given my breakfast is usually weet bix with honey, and this will be wheat beer with honey, I'm going to call it Brookvale Brekkie Beer.

Buggered off to Belmore Sour Brett Lambic
Boardroom Backbiting Red

Sorry, had to do it. :lol:

Seriously, if Manly could sort out their crap internally, they'd be pretty well unbeatable like melbourne were when they were cooking the books.

Goomba

I have only named a few brews.

The Storyteller. - Shouldnt really have a name coz its Tonys LCBA clone - but a mate was around one night, drank plenty of this beer and didnt he talk! Had a story about everything.

Copperhead - I brewed this one to be as copper coloured as I could - kind of a nod to Julia as I was brewing it the day she dethroned Kevin07

The Half-Wit. - Its a Belgian Wit, but has a fair wack of Rye in it - so really only half a Wit.

mckenrys Fault - A good clone of Shawn's Fault - not imaginative at all...

I'm a metal fan as well as a huge fantasy nerd DarkFaerytales seemed to fit, there is always a story and a name behind my favourite brews. Eternal night, White witch, Killer of giants, ect.

-Phill

All my beers are named after psychiatric disorders. Works for me (at least that is what the voices say)
Cheers
BBB

Latest posts

Back