Your Brew Names And How Did You Come Up With Them?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shedbound brewery was my wife's idea. She kicked me out the kitchen to the garage. Then I got to build my shed which is where my brewery is bound. One of my friends designed the label which is my personal photo.

Red Dog Brewery because I have an old dog and he is red! I'm such a cryptic guy :rolleyes:

When he goes it will have to be No Dog Brewery.... :eek:

Red Dog Brewery because I have an old dog and he is red! I'm such a cryptic guy :rolleyes:

When he goes it will have to be No Dog Brewery.... :eek:

usedtohavadog brewery?

We have a pretty cool home theater near the bar so I'm going for the cinema draft house theme. Of course this means I need movie title names!

Here are some of my favorites:

Raiders of the lost ale
Planet of the ales
Drunkfellas
Kung fu porter
No porter for old men
Jackie brown ale
Silence of the lambics
Dirty rotten stouts
The neverending session
Chicken lager
Eternal buzz of the drunken mind
Grainbusters
Lord of the hops
Hunt for the red Octoberfest

Here are some unchanged names to go with as well like:

The hangover
Strange brew
The pursuit of happiness
The terminator
Red dawn
Kickass

Oatmeal stout - Mc Stoot
ESB - Land of hop and glory
Various APA's and IAPA's - Custers last stand, The Alamo, Geronimo! or just something describing the hops / malt used - ie: Marris otter and riwaka = Moriwaka smash.
Will probably do a "Leapyear Lager" (using ale yeast) in 2 days time. :)

Think I've posted some of this previously...............but here goes again.

Inspectors Pocket Brewery: Grandfather, a Qld police inspector, was known for having his initials embroidered on the pocket of his work shirts.

Beers:

JSV Porter: (initials on grandfathers shirt)

Probationary Pale Ale: (again after the Grandfather, youngest person to ever join the QPS)

Dr Benson Stout: (Dr Benson opened the first brewery in Gympie in the 1800's)

Mooloo Bitter: (A clone of Sam Smiths Old Brewery Bitter, a local Sam Smith, lived over the hill from the father in laws farm at a place called Moolooo)

Rattler Red Ale: (after a local tourist attraction The Mary Valley Rattler Steam Train - Heritage Railway)

Gympie Gold: (self explanatory)

Old Retort ESB: (after the Old Retort House a relic of the gold mining days in Gympie)

Poppet Head IPA: (after to old mine winching heads)

Roger Watson: (A roggenweizen, the wife liked it but couldn't pronounce it...haha!!)

Names just sort of evolve!!

Screwy

This is an interesting thread. I've never thought about naming my beer.
I once referred to our place as the "Balmain Brewhouse" but that's about it.
My beers are known by the number on the cap. Currently drinking "7", "9" and "11".

Normally I use the ingedients as the name or it's a play on words with the ingredients that have been used.

I'm off to Golden Plains music festival and have made a Kolsch for it, Ive called it Bonnie Prince Beery after Will Oldem's stage name of Bonnie Prince Billy who is playing there.

Have you ever thought of bringing the Keg system to Meredith festivals? I see they have relaxed the rules a little bit so you could use a soda stream regulator to gas your kegs now?

Just bottled up "Stitched and Burnt" IIPA

I got a burnt foot, and my two assistant brewers got stitches.

:beer:

It's good to see how other peeps go about it. My Brewery is "Monstrose Inc"..... ******* Brews from the Basement. I am a cacti grower and the funkier the better, Monstrose is a mutant cacti form and it represents how I brew aswell, something a little different.

Some of my Names Include (Some are obviously ripoffs but I liked them):

Grannies Crabbes - Apple/Pear Cider sweetened with Stevia/Sucralose
Astroblack - Rye BIPA
Hulk SMASH - Spirulina Single Malt and Single Hop IIPA
Pudzianowski - Golden Strong Ale
Dragons Blood - Red Dragonfruit Ale
Beta - Alpha Pale Ale Clone
Fuggly Bruno - English Brown
Headless Horsemen - American Pumpkin Barleywine
Pissweak - Mid
Dubble Trubble - Marijuana Dubble
No F in Hops - Aussie Gruit

........and about 20 more. A name and recipe for most styles. Now I have to get through brewing and tweaking them all.

My Brewery is "Angry Cork Brewery". My mate came over with a bottle of wine and the cork has an angry face made out of the darker bits of cork.

My first AG was "Hot Hands Pale Ale" I knocked the Manafold apart during the mash and had to go in with rubber gloves to get it back together.

ATM I'm torn between "Sweaty Sack Brewing Company" & "Bum-Crack Brewing".

I think the reasons are obvious.

Cheers

Paul

My brew label is "Toad Popsicle Brews" - basically, two words my friends and I laugh about is the word toad and the word popsicle (say it over and over again, they're fun to say) so I stuck them together to come up with a name. My grapho friend designed me a label.

as for each individual name for each brew.....i'm not sure, but my friend wants me to make a strawberry apple cider so I have contemplated calling it "Alex's Straw-brewy Cider"

I'm about to bottle my first honey mead. it's the bees knees :p

my nickname is Chicken, so the obvious choice was "Chicken Piss Brewery"

my nickname is Chicken, so the obvious choice was "Chicken Piss Brewery"

Or Chicken Sit Brewery.

new_chicken_sandwich.jpg

my first 'designed' brew buy me, the name came about from the
little bugs that kept falling in the boil, i was scooping them out
for the whole hour.

i think i got them all out?

'earwig pale ale'

p.s. i only tell people the name after there first sip. :rolleyes:

i love old school aussie and american muscle cars and anything holden. so i went with the v8 brewery- supercharged ales and lagers. kingswood brown ale, torana mild and so on. its simple but works for me, the fun being to take some thing from a beer and match the theme to a particular model of car. aussie lager for instance being a belmont lager. a really cheap base model beer with no bells or whistles.camaro iipa its big tough looks good sounds good but handling can be a bit rough around the edges like the bitterness in the beer. hemi charger hefe,best enjoyed quickly before the rust sets in!

i love old school aussie and american muscle cars and anything holden. so i went with the v8 brewery- supercharged ales and lagers. kingswood brown ale, torana mild and so on. its simple but works for me, the fun being to take some thing from a beer and match the theme to a particular model of car. aussie lager for instance being a belmont lager. a really cheap base model beer with no bells or whistles.camaro iipa its big tough looks good sounds good but handling can be a bit rough around the edges like the bitterness in the beer. hemi charger hefe,best enjoyed quickly before the rust sets in!

You should try a P76 sour ale, its shit but weirdo's like it :lol:

Latest posts

Back