Young's Special London Ale Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelcocks

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the bottle conditioned yeast they advertise on the youngs special london ale is suitable for culturing up ?
(ie is it the strain the brew with?)
Thanks

Does anyone know if the bottle conditioned yeast they advertise on the youngs special london ale is suitable for culturing up ?
Thanks

Try Jims Beer Forum thats a pommy one they would have a better idea if not just e-mail the brewery

Cheers
Beerbelly

Thanks
Be interested to know too, a nice drop and the last BC English Bitter left round my way AFAIK :(
Haven't seen Hen's Tooth in a long time now.

I reckon make a small starter and see if it is alive first and if so and all is good I'd build it up from there....

Someone on the UK forums posted that they asked Young's and Wells about the yeast and this was the email reply:
"The yeast present in the bottle conditioned beers is the same as is used to brew Youngs Beers, and is a S.cerevisiae variety"

Latest posts

Back