Yet Another Coolroom Is Born

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asher

Junctyard Brewing
Reaction score
23 pieces of secondhand refridgeration pannel, about 700 rivets & 10 tubes of silicon later...

coolroom1.jpg
coolroom2.jpg
coolroom3.jpg
coolroom4.jpg
coolroom5.jpg
coolroom6.jpg
coolroom7.jpg

Great job. It looks the goods.

Keep us posted on how it affects the power bill.

great stuff!

What are you planing to use it for?

good work mate

cheers

Are you using a split system inverter to cool it down...

If so - how and what about the unit icing up - is this a problem.

Its a split system (non inverter type) R22 gas. The room is actually going to be a walk in cellar running at 12deg.
Its fabricated from 75mm thick panel so should be quite efficient power wise.
Not expecting the evap to be running all that hard but will be incorporating defrost times in the controls.
The unit has a test switch, which puts it in auto cool mode and overrides the normal 17deg min temp on the remote. This is why the room was running at 3 deg as we were just testing how low it would go whilst sipping a tasty English Mild. Plat at this stage is to probably leave it in this mode and just override the compressor with a Dixell type controller.

Ps. Theres room in here for one of those Oak barrels GMK :icon_cheers:

Awesome Asher.
No looking back now.
I love mine, and I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of yours.

Doc

we aaallllll hhhhhhhaaaate you . cheers.......spog.......

Someone always takes it that step further to give us more ideas on how to get a quick ride towards divorce.

Someone always takes it that step further to give us more ideas on how to get a quick ride towards divorce.

Trick's not to get married in the first place :p

Nice effort paul, looks very tidy :). Still, I dont think I've seen anything quite as divorce-worthy as this guy's coolroom :)

Put my new 'beer related Christmas present' Temperature/Humidity Datalogger to the test
Weatherzone website
Ran a log for 4 days between new years and now.
Its been a hot few days in Perth so a perfect time to see how hard the AC is working. It must have got to 38+ inside the shed - Minimum cycle time was 30mins in the arvo ,Max was 160mins in the early morning.

Currently the coolroom is set at 14deg with a 2deg. Hy..... So its more of a cellar than a coolroom...

Coolroom.JPG

Latest posts

Back