Yeppoon Village Festival Homebrew Comp Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mexican

Reaction score
View attachment 41317orry for the delay, but I thought I sent this a week ago, it pays to make sure I done it right ay?? anyway I'll try again...
Our Comp was well supported this year with 70 entries ( not bad for year 2 ) We brought in 2 qualified judges from Melbourne to add a bit more credibility to the Comp & our local assistants were actively involve over the weekend. Two days of judging some good beers with 2 standouts from Brian Noyes from Bathurst. The rain on the monday was a letdown, but it was all over by then, we just had to pack everything up in the rain, then I had to ride home 30km in it.
The following are the results of the Comp. & I hope to see you all next year. Thanks again to all the guys that put up their hands to help.

Best Brew on aggregate points:- Bill Hazelton

Low Alcohol:- 1st Bill Hazelton 2nd Ken Merry 3rd Keith Wright

Dark Beers:- 1st Brian Noyes (Sweet Stout) 2nd Bill Hazelton (Aust Old Ale) 3rd Keith Wright (Aust. Dark Ale)

Ales:- 1st Bill Hazelton (American Pale Ale) 2nd Andrew Mahoney (ESB) 3rd Jorg de Miranda (Pale Ale)

Lagers:- 1st Brian Noyes (Steam Beer) 2nd Elliot Hilse (Munich Helles) 3rd Jim Burges (Lager)

Specialty:- 1st Mick Shields (Cider) 2nd Bill Hazelton (Raspberry Ale) 3rd Bill Hazelton ( Ginger Beer)

Prizes have been awarded & Certificates have been mailed out, thanks again to all entrants & hope to see your entries next year

Doug

I told ya I got wet..........

Attachments

• Web_Pic_Doug_Outfit.jpg
    Web_Pic_Doug_Outfit.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 43
the Comp & our local assistants ugg were actively involve over the weekend. Two days of judging some good beers with 2 standouts from Brian Noyes from Bathurst. The rain on the monday was a letdown, but it was all over by then, we just had to pack ugg slippers everything up in the rain :icon_cheers:

View attachment 41317orry for the delay, but I thought I sent this a week ago, it pays to make sure I done it right ay?? anyway I'll try again...
Our Comp was well supported this year with 70 entries ( not bad for year 2 ) We brought in 2 qualified judges from Melbourne to add a bit more credibility to the Comp & our local assistants were actively involve over the weekend. Two days of judging some good beers with 2 standouts from Brian Noyes from Bathurst. The rain on the monday was a letdown, but it was all over by then, we just had to pack everything up in the rain, then I had to ride home 30km in it.
The following are the results of the Comp. & I hope to see you all next year. Thanks again to all the guys that put up their hands to help.

Best Brew on aggregate points:- Bill Hazelton

Low Alcohol:- 1st Bill Hazelton 2nd Ken Merry 3rd Keith Wright

Dark Beers:- 1st Brian Noyes (Sweet Stout) 2nd Bill Hazelton (Aust Old Ale) 3rd Keith Wright (Aust. Dark Ale)

Ales:- 1st Bill Hazelton (American Pale Ale) 2nd Andrew Mahoney (ESB) 3rd Jorg de Miranda (Pale Ale)

Lagers:- 1st Brian Noyes (Steam Beer) 2nd Elliot Hilse (Munich Helles) 3rd Jim Burges (Lager)

Specialty:- 1st Mick Shields (Cider) 2nd Bill Hazelton (Raspberry Ale) 3rd Bill Hazelton ( Ginger Beer)

Prizes have been awarded & Certificates have been mailed out, thanks again to all entrants & hope to see your entries next year

Doug

I told ya I got wet..........

Anyone recieved their certifcates/feedback forms yet?

:icon_offtopic: Did everyone get their ugg slippers?

Back