B-rock 99.3fm Bathurst Homebrew Comp 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to note that there are still some kit brewers out there beating the big name AG'ers in certain classes!

Congrats to all the winners
I noticed a fair few AHB'ers on the list, with Stuster and Doc appearing a few times each, and goatherder putting in a good showing. Releiving to see that there is a bloke called Barry Cranston up to his usual tricks again :beerbang: You boys make me nervous about entering comps, but I look forward to competing against ya's in the state comp.
Big ups to everyone who worked so hard to get the Bathurst comp running well, I hope to get a few entries in there next year.
Trent

Woohoo. Got a first and two seconds. Time for some shiny bling.
yahoo.gif

You Beat DOC.....he will probably ban you from the site... :p

Uh oh.
scared.gif

Yep, thanks to all the people who did all the work to get the comp done. Great stuff. :super:

Well done for the Weizenbock, Luke. Hope you've still got some we could taste. :)

Had a snoop around, think I got two bottles left.

1 for the state and we'll have to crack the other open when you guys get your passports organised and come visit me.

edit:
got a few litres in the bottom of a keg. could bring that along to the next thing.

Had a snoop around, think I got two bottles left.

1 for the state and we'll have to crack the other open when you guys get your passports organised and come visit me.

edit:
got a few litres in the bottom of a keg. could bring that along to the next thing.

Surely you should change your location info now you've moved to another country. :rolleyes:

Any weizenbock will be gratefully received. :party:

Thanks again to the organisers and judges/stewards, yet again another well run comp in Bathurst, they seem to make it look so easy. One day I will make it down for the competition to see just how it's done.
Thanks
Andrew

Just wondering, as I couldn't find it on the results page.

How many entries in total where received?

How many people attended the tasting / dinner?

BOG

Number of entries was about 215 (it may have been 217)

People at the presentation was about 85.

On Friday we had four panels operating with four stewards, two coolroom/bar operators and five people on paperwork duties.

Saturday, between four and five panels operated with stewards, coolroom operators and people on paperwork duty.

There were other behind the scenes people working as well. With so much activity, there was lots of empty bottles to be washed, buckets to be emptied, collating, stapling, sorting etc.

All awards and trophies were engraved and ready for presentation on Saturday evening. All judging sheets were collated and ready for brewers to pick up on Saturday evening. A sterling effort.

Got a first :beer:
Keen to see the tasting notes on my other beers so I can improve them.

Thanks to all for running the comp.

:D Got a 2nd in the Strong Ale category, hopefully the barley wine made this saturday will be competition ready next year and get me a first, because geez it took some effort to make.
Congrats Stu we were both up against the legendary Barry Cranston and placed!
Nice one Luke on your first comp entry!
Looks like my lagers still have a way to go

Woo hoo, first comp i've entered
and scored 2 first places.
Couldn't be happier.

Well done. :super:

Which ones were yours, Punter?

Just also wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who organised the comp and congrats to the winners. Was bummed I couldn't be there, had a mates 21st to go to. I'm cheering with just the one highly commended for my IPA, not bad for a first effort.

Made my bloody day!

THIS POST IS FROM BRIAN.

Please find results for the Bathurst Comp. The first ones posted had the wrong date on them and the entry numbers were incorrect. All of the point scores and placing are correct.

There were quite a few entries this year that were entered in the wrong class and styles listed that were not in our guidelines. Some entries outside our guidelines did send in style guides and I thank the entrants for that. It is just disappointing to see entries entered in the wrong class and then penalized in the judging process. When you pay a $7 entry fee, you the entrants want to get the best results possible for your brewing efforts. We will accept any beers and if they dont fit in our guidelines and you are not sure what to enter them as, then please check with me before entering. Please read the style guidelines carefully for future comps. (ot just Bathurst, but any comps. you enter) so that your brewing efforts can be rewarded.

There were some bloody good beers entered this year and congratulations to those of you who were winners.

The competition will be on again next year in early September.

All judges sheets and prizes were sent out by Australia Post today (Wednesday).

Thanks again for the support through this website and look forward to your entries in 2008.

Cheers

Brian Noyes (The Bigfella)

View attachment 2007_Results.xls

How about some expansion of the classes for next year?

I was one who didn't notice California Common in the Pale Ale class. Not sure why. Probably because I was looking through all the Lager classes. Am keen to see the tasting notes regardless.

I received my judging sheets today, great effort to get them back so fast. I was impressed by the quality of the judging - the comments and scores were very consistent. Great work by all involved.

Latest posts

Back