B-rock 99.3fm Bathurst Homebrew Comp 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pint of lager

brewing on the verandah
Reaction score
B-ROCK 99.3FM BATHURST HOMEBREW COMP 2007

The 2007 Bathurst Homebrew competition will be held on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th September at the Kelso Hotel, Great Western Highway, Kelso (on the outskirts of Bathurst).

The Categories and Styles will remain the same as previous years. All details, entry forms, etc will be available within the next few weeks. If you want I can email most details now if you require them. If any one wishes to enter beers that are not in our guidelines then please do so as they will be very welcome. We only ask that you supply a copy of the guideline for the beer you enter and it will be judged with all other entries.

We are just finalising sponsors and supporters so if you are interested in helping out then please let me know ASAP. Sponsorship packages can be either $300 in cash and/or some of your product to be given away at the Presentation Night. Your company and logo will be put on all material sent out to individuals and homebrew shops. Your name will also be on trophies and certificates to the winners.

I can be contacted by phone on 0417 084 044 or by email at [email protected]

We are unable to give any financial support towards fuel costs or accommodation. We just dont have the money to go around anymore. Accommodation is available at the Kelso Hotel in their Motel section at $65 per Single or $80 per Double Room. You will need to contact them direct to book accommodation prior to August 1st as they only have 12 rooms to let out. Their Phone Number is 02 6331 6675
Please let me know if you are able to come, as without you people out there as judges and helpers we cannot run this competition. Lunch will be provided free of charge by Subway (Eat Fresh) on the Friday and Saturday but all other meals will be at your own cost.

There will be the usual Presentation Night on the Saturday night at the Hotel Function Room with some giveaways on the night. The cost will be $35 per head which includes a 3 course meal as well as micro-brewed and homebrewed beer, wine and soft drink. We can cater for about 100 people on the night so you had better get in early and book and pay for your seat ASAP.
This year we are hoping to have a celebrity guest speaker on the night but that will be confirmed at a later date.

If you require any more information then please let me know.

Yours in Brewing
Brian Noyes (The Bigfella)
Organiser
B-Rock 99.3FM Bathurst Homebrew Competition 2007

B-ROCK 99.3FM BATHURST HOMEBREW COMP 2007

The 2007 Bathurst Homebrew competition will be held on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th September at the Kelso Hotel, Great Western Highway, Kelso (on the outskirts of Bathurst).

Is the Bathurst Homebrew Comp open to all Australia states or just NSW?

Is there a website where we may get more info and download entry forms?

Cheers.

The competition is open to all states.

There is no website. Contact Brian and he will send out entry forms to you.

Organiser
0417 084 044 or by email at [email protected]

Hi all,
Is this the NSW qualifier for the AABC?
Cheers.

No, it is not the NSW qualifier to the national competition.

I should add that it is not a state qualifier, but is the only true Australia wide homebrew competition. In past years it has attracted brewers from the USA

Great competition. If I could be involved with this one I would

Get your beers in.

cheers

Darren

Thanks guys,
I'll definately be in it.
So what is the NSW qualifying comp for the AABC?
Cheers.

Edit: I thought the ANAWBS or Castle Hill Comp was also open for Australia wide enties?

Thanks guys,
I'll definately be in it.
So what is the NSW qualifying comp for the AABC?
Cheers.

Edit: I thought the ANAWBS or Castle Hill Comp was also open for Australia wide enties?

Yes Rough 60,

I believe that ANAWBS is the longest running Aussie HB comp at 23 years now (Wee Stu?). It is a wine and beer show but certainly worth entering as well.

cheers

Darren

IM IN .... hopefully ! (have emailed P.O.L for details)

IM IN .... hopefully ! (have emailed P.O.L for details)

I should have clarified at the start of the thread that I was posting on behalf of Brian. Don't call him pint of lager! He answers to the bigfella.

I should have clarified at the start of the thread that I was posting on behalf of Brian. Don't call him pint of lager! He answers to the bigfella.

my apologies P.O.L , im sure i read that somewhere just didnt put it all together at the time ... either way i got the details now its time to make beers to enter ...

The competition is open to all states.

There is no website. Contact Brian and he will send out entry forms to you.

Organiser
0417 084 044 or by email at [email protected]

Hey POL,

Will they be sending out entry forms automatically to brewers that entered last year ?

Doc

Brian is away fishing (and his phone ended up in the water) so cannot give you an immediate answer.

I would think that if he sent out forms in previous years, the same will happen this year.

Rough60
Slightly off topic, but I believe the NSW state qualifier to the AABC is on in September? I am sure there will be a post to announce it, though. But get some feedback on your beers and send em in to Bathurst. If it is on after the qualifier, you will get some other feedback from different judges. Either way, the more comps ya enter, the more feedback ya will get on your brews.
All the best
Trent

Just a reminder about the B-Rock Bathurst Homebrew Competition to be held at the Kelso Hotel on Friday 14 and Saturday 15 September.

You need to get your entries to The Country Brewer store at Girraween by Friday 31st August or to me here at Bathurst no later than Saturday 8th Sept. We close it all off a week before to give the beers a week to settle in the cool room prior to judging.

If anyone would like to help out during the competition then you will be very welcome. There is motel accommodation at the Hotel but I would get in early if you need a room.

The Presentation Night will be on the Saturday night commencing about 6.30PM. All winners trophies, etc will be presented on the night as well. The cost is $35 per head which includes a 3 course meal, all beers, wines and soft drinks. This year we will have beers from the Malt Shovel Brewery as well as beer from two new micro breweries as in The Little Brewing Co from Port Macquarie and the Mudgee Brewing Co that has just opened up in Mudgee. There will be a selection of wines from the Bathurst area. We will have heaps of giveaways on the night as well. You will probably get most of your $35 back in goodies that we are giving away on the night. The new Function Room at the Kelso Hotel will hold about 100 so if you would like to attend then let me know to book your ticket/s.

Would you note that Pint of Lager has posted this for me as I am unable to log on to the website for some reason.

I can be contacted by E-Mail at [email protected] Phone in business hours 02 6332 1422 or by Mobile 0417 084 044.

Cheers and hope to get plenty of entries and brewers to the Presentation Night.

The Bigfella

I believe that ANAWBS is the longest running Aussie HB comp at 23 years now (Wee Stu?). It is a wine and beer show but certainly worth entering as well.

Darren

Close Darren, ANAWBS is racking up its 28th continuous year in 2007 :) . To be fair, it has gone through its fair share of ups and downs over the years as well.

A number of the improvements introduced in ANAWBS in the last few years have been heavily influenced by practices set in Bathurst. I would heartily endorse the Bathurst comp as a standard bearer among Australian shows. :super:

Best of luck to the bigfella, PoL and all the participants (competitors, judges, stewards and sponsors).

awrabest, stu

Close Darren, ANAWBS is racking up its 28th continuous year in 2007 :) . To be fair, it has gone through its fair share of ups and downs over the years as well.

A number of the improvements introduced in ANAWBS in the last few years have been heavily influenced by practices set in Bathurst. I would heartily endorse the Bathurst comp as a standard bearer among Australian shows. :super:

Best of luck to the bigfella, PoL and all the participants (competitors, judges, stewards and sponsors).

awrabest, stu

I also believe the QAAWBG annual comp will celebrate its' 30th Anniversary this year. Which coincides with Babbs celebrating their 30th Annual club comp. :)

A bit late i know but, has anyone posted the entry forms/guidelines around here? I emailed Brian on Monday but have not heard anything back.

Here are the results from this year's competition.

It has been a great two days with the show once again running like clockwork thanks to Brian Noyes organising the event assisted by his wife as chief steward, the sponsors, judges, stewards and workers.

Congratulations to all award winners.

EDIT:
File of results removed as it contained some minor errors. See further down the thread for the updated results. All placegetters were correct.

Back