Bathurst (nsw Championship) Homebrew Comp.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerman

Reaction score
I am attaching the details for the Bathurst Comp.
As I pointed out before we are running the Bathurst Comp. as the NSW Championships for NSW brewers to qualify for the Nationals.
It will just be the one comp. with the ONE entry fee ($7) per beer entered. Just remeber for those who have entered over past years that this year it will be a BJCP Comp. with the same Catagories and Styles as the National Comp.
I am still chasing up sponsors so they are not all listed in the paper work as yet.
We will still take entries from all over Australia as other years - the only change being that interstate entries will not qualify for the Nationals. They will still win prizes as normal.
If anyone needs to contact me then all contact details are in the attached paperwork.
I have had some great response already but we can still do with more judges and helpers.
If you need accommodation then I would contact the Kelso Hotel ASAP as I know that there have been quite a few already booked in.
Also I need to know who might be coming to the Presentation Night. The best $35 I think you can get. We can fit about 120 in the function room at the Kelso Pub but this comp. is getting very popular with the locals in Bathurst and we find each year we get more people turn up that are not even homebrewers as it is such great value and everybody has a great time.
Us Bathurstians are very proud of our comp. and have taken on the NSW Championship and I am confident with the help of you guys and gals out there that we will have another great year in Bathurst.
Bring it on.
Cheers
Brian Noyes (The Bigfella)

View attachment 2009_Bathurst_Homebrew_Comp.pdf

Update - Competition now registered with BJCP.

BJCP judges/stewards will receive points.

Yet another good reason for a trip to Bathurst

Cheers Peter (on behalf of the Bigfella)

Update - Competition now registered with BJCP.

BJCP judges/stewards will receive points.

Yet another good reason for a trip to Bathurst

Cheers Peter (on behalf of the Bigfella)

Thanks Peter.

For anyone who is still thinking of coming to Bathurst there are still some rooms available at the Kelso Hotel. It has a Motel section off to the side of the pub.
Tariff $65 a single or $85 a double per night.
Don't forget our Presentation Night on the Saturday (12th Sept) for only $35 which includes a buffet meal, all beer, wine and soft drinks.
Don't forget to get those entries in as it is the NSW Qualifier for the Nationals this year.
Cheers
The Bigfella

There is something strange going on with this thread. I have been getting E-Mails at my shop but I can't get to reply to them and they don't appear on the thread here at all.
Somebody asked yesterday about Scottish Ales and today I went to reply and the whole thread is gone.
There has been other replies to the thread as well but they don't show up here.
To the moderators - Have I done anything wrong?
The strange part is I use my home E-Mail address here which is [email protected] but the responses which I can't answer are going to the shop E-Mail of [email protected]
I am very confused.
The Bigfella

Hi Bigfella

As far as I can tell nothing has been deleted from the thread so I guess your posts never made it? I think you have had issues in the past with getting access to AHB, and POL used to do it instead, maybe its the same thing?

There is something strange going on with this thread. I have been getting E-Mails at my shop but I can't get to reply to them and they don't appear on the thread here at all.
Somebody asked yesterday about Scottish Ales and today I went to reply and the whole thread is gone.
There has been other replies to the thread as well but they don't show up here.
To the moderators - Have I done anything wrong?
The strange part is I use my home E-Mail address here which is [email protected] but the responses which I can't answer are going to the shop E-Mail of [email protected]
I am very confused.
The Bigfella

G'day Brian,
You're not seeing things.
I saw a post pop up recently asking about Scottish Ale's in the comp.
Peter

Hi Bigfella

As far as I can tell nothing has been deleted from the thread so I guess your posts never made it? I think you have had issues in the past with getting access to AHB, and POL used to do it instead, maybe its the same thing?

Mate it is a real mystery as POL fixed it all for me before.

I very rarely post but have had no problems with any stuff I put up earlier about the Bathurst Comp.

I just hope the guy who asked about the Scottish Ales doesn't think I have ignored him.

Hopefully he will raed this post.

I am sending this from my shop E-Mail by the way.

I will be away until the 3rd of August so if antone makes any queries I am not ignoring you and will reply when I get back.

Cheers

Brian (The Bigfella)

Sorry, I deleted my question after I worked out the answer myself

Latest posts

Back