Yellow Bottle Crates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Bottling is a chore .

But what a clever guy who invented the method of closure on the pot stoppered bottles, the clip must be stainless steel.

The end of my little bottler always falls off and I loose a beer on the floor .

Still now I can sit back and watch the bubbles I am never going back to pushing the lollys in the bottle bulk priming is for me thankyou very much .

Now where can I get more of those lovely yellow crates that stack perfectly another good design never seen them anywhere .

Where do they come from it really makes the garage tidy

Pumpy

Some service stations stock el cheapo soft drinks like Slades, and you could buy a couple of crates. They probably ask for a deposit on the crates. I have a friend who delivers Loys soft drinks in the country - to the farms. They also do home deliveries in the suburbs. When customers buy a reasonable quantity, they leave the crates, to pick up next time. Also, I think Schweppes drivers have a cheap line that comes in glass bottles, and are carried in crates. I know their glass cordial bottles are packed in cardboard cartons, but there are still some bottle crates in use.

I made some wooden ones from pine pallets. I made them to fit 30 stubbies. I soon found that crown top stubbies are slimmer than screw top stubbies, so I had to make some for them too.

There seems to be a lot of Milk Crates around too from some of the photos I seen. I can't afford to buy a crate of milk times 10 or so, it spoils the wort and sends it sour.

I managed to buy an old keg that hasn't got the words "Remains the Property of" but as far as crates go, I guess I just have to make some as well..

:chug:

Thanks Dick and Peter I will scout around

Pumpy

We have one Tarax one full of old Tarax bottles, but milk crates are much easier to come by, & hold 13 longnecks or about 18 stubbies. Beware that some of them only have three full sides. And that if you get caught "borrowing" them people get a bit ratty with you.

Some smaller supermarkets actually put milk crates out with the rubbish.

Well quite near the rubbish. IMO it means they don't want them. ;)

Warren -

Well quite near the rubbish. IMO it means they don't want them.

Does the same apply to kegs? I have seen them unloved and near the rubbish.

THey look like Schweps creates.. Either that or Crystal Soft Drink Crates (The people that come around and dilver)

pint of lager said:

Well quite near the rubbish. IMO it means they don't want them.

Does the same apply to kegs? I have seen them unloved and near the rubbish.
[post="48392"][/post]​

It most certainly can POL. I actually had to "remove" a keg off the road near the local footy club a couple of years ago.

Must have been some stupid kids playing "roll out he barrel" with it or some drunk from the football club must have rolled it to the kerbside. Couldn't have any unsuspecting motorist running over it.

I felt really good doing the right thing. The damage or injury it could have caused. Sheesh! B)

Warren -

Latest posts

Back