Yeast pitching.....FFS there is enough in pack

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jc64 said:
And someone had temerity to suggest this thread was not worthwhile!
Thank you for being one of the few individuals able to teach me a new word which is neither deeply technically specific, nor recently made up on the internet.
In a twist of irony, I just learned something from the thread.

13 pages people, don't stop now.

Well I hope Nev has been paying attention to this thread, should help him a fair bit in his assignment.

I think this thread has still got a few points of gravity to shed before it gets into conditioning phase.

Righto guys I'm lagering a tin should I just chuck in a packet of cold yeast or get it started.. My first go at lagering so feel free to confuse the flick outa me.....

Noah looked at it I'm just too lazy.. I'm just pitching it!

NewtownClown said:
what has science ever done for any one???

Ho-Hum....

One either believes the science or not

And ferment it.

That's me last tin I'm going biab just because you guys make it seem so simple! Bullshot!

Nice work, guys.

Brilliant.

Actually to lager properly the process starts as soon as fermentation starts.....

chewy said:
Actually to lager properly the process starts as soon as fermentation starts.....
To make a proper Lager, the process starts at recipe design/brewing. Temps are not just relative to fermentation either.

bradsbrew said:
To make a proper Lager, the process starts at recipe design/brewing. Temps are not just relative to fermentation either.
I think Chewy is doing a tinned lager, so his influence in the process is limited to spec grains, yeast, extracts and sugars. And temps and times, of course.

Not that that's not already enough to get your head around...

You can't make a proper lager from a tin.

And a cave of some description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back