Yeast/hops And Bits Swap For Meets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Just an idea guys.

I know that all of us overbuy @ times over order and love trading various bits, this is a bit of a rip off, of LaurenT's idea.

I was thinking that at meets if we post on here we can organise to swap stuff much easier, and have more visibility of it.

I'll kick it off I have 400g of Fuggles that I've kept frozen in the ziplock bag and in a container in the freezer and I wont to get rid of around 200g as I seem to be using it only in Porters ATM, which I only do rarely.

They still fresh and arent squashed so if anyone wants to make an offer of a trade feel free I am after ATM Lager and Pils yeast though any yeasts will do.

Anyone who wants post there own forget-me-nots that they need to offload and there condition.

Cheers!

Nice idea, will do a stocktake on the w/e and let you know.

Cheers buddy.

If you want to get nerdy like me, I can send u a template for a beer register, yeast/grain/hops register.

Ben

I can make you up a starter of WLP802 Czech Budvar if you like for when you come around, email me. If you ferment at about 10-12C it comes out quite well. Also some saved slurry off a WLP800 ferment (that has a bit of W34/70 mixed in, won't make that mistake again)

I have about 500g of cracked chocolate malt that i will give away to anyone that wants it.

Other than that i may have some Mt Hood left over from the bulk buy, but time will tell.

ill take the free cracked chocolate ben , have a few yeasts culturing away down in the dungeon , not quite swappable quatitys yet but will post details soon .... by the way whens the next meet or have i missed a thread somewhere ??

Ben

I can make you up a starter of WLP802 Czech Budvar if you like for when you come around, email me. If you ferment at about 10-12C it comes out quite well. Also some saved slurry off a WLP800 ferment (that has a bit of W34/70 mixed in, won't make that mistake again)

I have about 500g of cracked chocolate malt that i will give away to anyone that wants it.

Other than that i may have some Mt Hood left over from the bulk buy, but time will tell.

Whats the Czech Budvar suitable for? If you make up a starter I'll bag up a 100g of the Fuggles for you, with its AA you dont need much!

I also have some WLP0029(kolsche), and WLP005(anything english) if anyones interested - About 400mls of yeast in them, but very, very easy to make a starter for. - Or I can do for you depending on what your offering.

The white labs ratings charts are back, http://www.whitelabs.com/beer/styles.html

According to that WLP802 is best for Czech Pils of course, but it can also be used in any other type of lager, it has a 2 rating for everything. I think it would make a nice clean crisp aussie style lager if fermented quite cold at 8C.

Fuggles would be OK, i have a small plan of making an ESB with some Challenger hops and Maris Otter grain :beerbang: Some WLP005 would be nice for that.

No worries buddy I'll chuck you a vile of it or a starter if I have time as well as the fuggles.

Gerard dropped some grain off on Sat morning. My first AG went perfectly to plan (so far). The porter is now rapidly bubbling away. There was very little hot break, no cold break and no trub. Seems that my system works pretty well. Mash efficiency was very high. I reckon I just fluked it. However, the proof will be in the pudding.

I am using WLP023 Burton Ale Yeast and will add this to the yeast bank. I only used half of it to make a starter and forgot to decant some of this off to retain a starter for next time (although I still have some in the White Labs vial). If I were to save some of the yeast from the bottom of the fermenter, does anyone have a suggestion of the best method of doing this?

I also have a first generation of Belgian Wit (WLP400 from memory)

There is a great thread on yeast reculturing, just check out the search feature. Basically use some sterile water to stir up the yeast cake, let it settle and take the milky portion of good, healthy yeast. Leaving some in the vial is a good thing too, just pour out a little and step up in your starter, i do this all the time.

Good to hear that you got good efficiency on your first go. Sounds like you have the process down pat.

Guys also my Fuggles are EK Goldings dont know how I got the buggers mixed up.

Hi gents,

I've got a Summery/Golden Ale thingy going at the moment which I cultered a Premium Bitter WLP026 for. I try to make sure I've got about 3 litres going full blast before pitching about 600 odd mml and saving two or 3 staminade bottles of the rest. Done that for this and german hefe weiz, and so far so good.

Also have the German Lager WLP830 which should be coming up in the next few weeks.

Gav.

Its my 3rd attempt in 6 months at quitting smoking and at night 1 at 11pm I was wider awake then a junky on goey. So I decided to get out the scales and my hops!

Have a total of 11 different hops, totalling 1.6kg's but as I suspected the only 1 I have for trade is a 150g of EK Goldings, they still smell lovely and fresh as they have been stored in vacuum sealed in a airtight container in a bar fridge freezer.

I also have some as previously stated WLP005 and WLP029 so if anyones interested in any of that let me know!

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back