Yeast Cake

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm. Perhaps the 'Toilet Duck' mob should move into the fermenter cleaner market. I'll never look at a toilet bowl again in the same way... :lol:

ToG

I'll never look at the krausen ring around my fermenters the same way again. Thanks staggers :angry:

Sorry to drag up an old thread. Ive got a whole 50l lager yeast cake in two coke bottle. I have stored them in the fridge for 3 months and now i want to use it to make another 50l batch. If i drain out the liquid and make a 3L starter will i be close to the amount of cells i need?

Sorry to drag up an old thread. Ive got a whole 50l lager yeast cake in two coke bottle. I have stored them in the fridge for 3 months and now i want to use it to make another 50l batch. If i drain out the liquid and make a 3L starter will i be close to the amount of cells i need?
After 3 months storage a large portion of your yeast will likely be dead (MrMalty says that 90% of it will be dead).
So reviving a small sample of the slurry in a small starter and then stepping it up might be the best approach.

Latest posts

Back