Xmas In July Lotto

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Postage tubes are good as well, but not sure what the postage cost is... Will find out tomorrow when I hit the PO and send my beer to bullsneck.

Are you recycling the one I sent?
No idea on the postage I'm afraid... that one was shouted by the company :beer:

I usually use the 3kg Express Post satchel (~12??) and lots of bubble wrap. I only send PET's, and no issues at all so far. Postage tubes are good as well, but not sure what the postage cost is... Will find out tomorrow when I hit the PO and send my beer to bullsneck.

Trap for the new players huh. Yeah I sent mine in a Coopers Longneck! I had some PET's but thought most folks don't like them! It's beer carton and gaffa tape around a PET next time for this bloke! Bw ha ha.

Pimpsqueak - yep, will recycle if it's a cheaper option than the usual 3kg satchel. Got LOTS of bubble wrap already ;)

Malted - Exactly why I don't send fragile anything (especially fragile beers!) via AusPost. I was once told they have to be able to withstand a fall of 2.5m into a sorting container, and have packages up to 4kg falling on top of them from the same height. One of the little tidbits from my uncle after he retired as a postie!

Cheers

My entries were PET bottles in a 3kg post bag. I think it is the cheapest way.

QldKev

Beers from Kiefer33 & C-MOR turned up this arvo in one piece!

Just chucked them in the fridge. Cheers guys!

So I stumble out of the class this arvo with 4 bottles of free wine and a big cheesy grin on my face...last day of term.
Arrive home to be greeted with a metric fuckload of beer waiting for me on my doorstep...
Manticle
McKenry
TMC
QLD Kev x 3
Ekul - got a 1.25L bottle and Corona bottle?
Another Ash
MXD x 2

Thanks a million folks. I'm gonna get stuck into these ASAP...after I polish off these wines... :chug:

Beers from Kiefer33 & C-MOR turned up this arvo in one piece!

Just chucked them in the fridge. Cheers guys!

Yay! I feel all warm and fuzzy, like a real little community member, part of something special.

Enjoy it, i am.

So I stumble out of the class this arvo with 4 bottles of free wine and a big cheesy grin on my face...last day of term.
Arrive home to be greeted with a metric fuckload of beer waiting for me on my doorstep...
Manticle
McKenry
TMC
QLD Kev x 3
Ekul - got a 1.25L bottle and Corona bottle?
Another Ash
MXD x 2

Thanks a million folks. I'm gonna get stuck into these ASAP...after I polish off these wines... :chug:

haha, Ekul drinks Corona :eek: :eek:

haha, Ekul drinks Corona :eek: :eek:
:lol: Apparently it's a cider... Might be the first cab off the rank... the sooner I get rid of a Corona bottle out of my house the better! :p

Glad it arrives safe and sound, not the best beer you will drink but at least its made from grain :p Im a rookie and went for the wine box. Box plus postage set me back $17.50. And thats only from QLD - NSW!

Glad it arrives safe and sound, not the best beer you will drink but at least its made from grain :p Im a rookie and went for the wine box. Box plus postage set me back $17.50. And thats only from QLD - NSW!

Now you've said that I can see the feedback, you will have the best beer :)

Reverse psychology, works 60% of the time, all the time B)

For Bullsneck

Brewer: adryargument
Style: Irish Red Ale
ABV: Approx 5.2% ?? - Didn't record this one. 1.048 -> 1.10 from memory.....
Type: AG
Serve: However you wish, give it a fortnight or two. Bottled last Sunday. (First time i have bottled in 4 years.. Check that your letterbox is still standing, there may be two mailbombs in there!)
Notes: Based loosely on an Irish Red, with an emphasis on more maltier malts for an overall malt heavy beer.

you might want to let the cider sit upright for a week or two in the fridge. It was crystal clear when i sent it and tasting really nice, its nearly a year old i should think.

you might want to let the cider sit upright for a week or two in the fridge. It was crystal clear when i sent it and tasting really nice, its nearly a year old i should think.
Yeah, alot of them are a bit shaken up from the trip, so i'm reluctant to open anything straight away.
This slight bit of rust on the cap kinda suggests a bit of age...and don't feel discouraged, some of the best brews i've ever tried, the crown seals have almost been rusted through!

Next up for me, NickR's Cream Ale

NickR_Cream_Ale_Pic.jpg
Poured a beautiful colour....

NickR_Cream_Ale.jpg

A really enjoyable beer, Nick. Better than my previous efforts at a Cream Ale, anyway!!!

Cheers

Wow! Thanks Nick! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I finished the last of it yesterday afternoon, and there might be one on the cards toward the end of winter for some spring afternoon drinking.

The recipe was tied to the bottle, but it's just 80% Weyermann pilsner, 20% instant polenta from Woolies, 17-18IBU at 60 minutes (in this case using up some of the last of my Sorachi Ace) and Wyeast 1007 at 18C. Mash temp was 66c - 75 minutes. 1.044OG. 2 weeks in the fermenter and cleared with some gelatine.

Next up the block, is Kiefer33's APA:

kiefer33_APA_Pic.jpg

Nice golden amber colour, slight haze

kiefer33_APA.jpg

An enjoyable beer on a warm afternoon, after 7 days straight at work :) Well done!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back