Xmas In July Lotto

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers NickB for the feedback. Was also a bit disappointed with the malt backing so will definitely be trying to improve next time. Glad you enjoyed it.

OK, continuing the American theme for the day....

Next up is C-MOR's APA

4.C_MOR_APA_Pic.jpg

Poured a beautiful amber colour, but somewhat cloudy...

4.C_MOR_APA_BJCP.jpg

A very nice malt-focused APA! Well done!

Cheers

How many photos are you going to take of beers sitting on top of your computer before you knock one over? :unsure:
Don't say it'll never happen to you

Malted - got your beer this arvo :)

Cheers

Can someone re-cap the cheapest way to send a bottle (I don't bottle in PET) in the post, whilst giving a good chance to the bottle to survive the trip. (Just FMI - In case I'm lucky enough to win a QABC place and need to send to ADE).

Cheers

Goomba

Malted - got your beer this arvo :)

Cheers

Terrific!
Fancy labelling huh. :lol:
I'd be keen for to see a score review posted but it has only been in the bottle a week. Probably be August before it hits it's straps.

Got a nice surprise this arvo to find 4 packages had arrived!!!

Thanks to Bullsneck, yum beer, Seemax and Matt C.

Your beers will be enjoyed, and feedback will be given!

Cheers

Got a nice surprise this arvo to find 4 packages had arrived!!!

Thanks to Bullsneck, yum beer, Seemax and Matt C.

Your beers will be enjoyed, and feedback will be given!

Cheers
Good work Nick.

"Yes dear, but I must drink 4 beers TONIGHT since people are waiting for feedback, its not like I want to or anything." :icon_cheers:

Muggus and Bullsneck, express posted you both an old ale today, sorry about the wait.

Bulsneck, sorry its not an Irish Red as discussed, didnt want you to have to wait any longer. I hope you enjoy it all the same.

Online feedback appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul

OK, continuing the American theme for the day....

Next up is C-MOR's APA

View attachment 46656

Poured a beautiful amber colour, but somewhat cloudy...

View attachment 46657

A very nice malt-focused APA! Well done!

Cheers
Glad you liked it cobber. It was all gone pretty quick around here. As stated its my first AG. Very interested to get you feed back, a guy at one of the sponsors above(pretty sure he's BJCP certified) said it was far from bitter enough for style. He did proceed to pour the whole bottle out into plastic cups and give me the bottle back, took that as another compliment. Upping the hop character is duely noted.
Recipe is from brewing classic styles, apa with caramel, recommend it to anyone, drank it cold, warm, highly carbed and low carbed. drinkable drinkable drinkable
THanks again.

Sorry for my slackness bullneck. Express post satchel on it's way to you as of this arvo, should get it tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Cheers

Got a few bottles today, thanks to itmechanic and adryargument (which wasn't so dry, one bottle was in pieces).

Cheers, will consume soon.

Thanks to cdbrown07 for the Scottish Ale and NickB for the Mild AND the Rye ESB. Looking forward to tasting thesefor sure.

Bear in mind the Rye ESB was only kegged about 5 days ago, and carbonation will be a little down. Hit 5.7%ABV as well!

Enjoy mate!

Cheers

5 days! Can't believe you'd send such an old stale beer Nick. :icon_cheers:

I know, Brad. Gotta get rid of the Good'uns so I can keg another batch... ;)

But pretty happy with the ESB, although not a lot of Rye character. Slight spiciness, but maybe let the bottle condition for a week or three, the alcohol notes and esters are slightly overpowering ATM, although I just drank another jug, and at 5.7%, I'm not complaining ;)

Mild is good, but a little too much peated malt coming through (I only used 50g, honest!) and slightly too thin body wise. Adjustments being made to next batch. Will forward a bottle to you if I remember Bullsneck :)

Cheers

EDIT: tip for the young players - if you're sending a PET bottle of beer to someone, the smallest bag they'll fit in is a 3KG Express Post Satchel (@ $12). You could send the one, but if you're bottling in PET, you can fit 3 bottles in the same satchel at no extra cost - all you need is a few layers of Bubble Wrap. Handy Hints brought to you by NickB's Rye ESB™. Drink one tonight™......

Ahem.....

Got a few bottles today, thanks to itmechanic and adryargument (which wasn't so dry, one bottle was in pieces).

Cheers, will consume soon.

Definitely disappointed by that,
Will ship another two this week :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back