Xmas Case Swap 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunous

I Drink VB
Reaction score
What is everyone brewing that's participating in the swap?

Shaunous - ???

How do we join the case swap guys newbie here would love some feed back on my beers

Your In Perth Coo Brewing (Unless your Location is wrong in your Avatar), we're North Coast NSW. Probably no good for you.

I'll be putting in an Aussie Single malt single hop 5.2% Lager.
Note single malt, sugaz ain't a malt. :p

I'll need to purchase a carton of Coopers Longnecks to get the glass as agreed on another "thread".

Ah, tough work emptying them but somebody has to do it.

Maybe a mod could alter the title to Grafton Xmas Swap or something to avoid confusion in the "Latest posts" panel.

austrailian pale ale bottled this morning approx. 5 % in tallies
ot drinking a red hills scotch ale very nice

Knocking out a double batch of this and will bottle some up for the case swap. Aiming for a sessionable amber ale, would normally do with more carabohemian but I'm using up my last bit.

Carabohemian Rhapsody (American Amber Ale)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.050 (°P): 12.4
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (°P): 3.3
Alcohol (ABV): 4.91 %
Colour (SRM): 11.7 (EBC): 23.0
Bitterness (IBU): 37.8 (Average)

91.43% Pale Ale Malt
3.85% Carabohemian
2.89% Caramunich I
1.44% Medium Crystal
0.38% Roasted Barley

0.5 g/L Chinook (13% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
0.7 g/L Willamette (4.2% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
0.5 g/L Chinook (13% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
0.7 g/L Willamette (4.2% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at18°C with Safale US-05

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Im out for the swap boys. As hard as it is to say, im the **** outa here this Friday for a Cape York trip.
Was a late notice trip and have spent the last week basically building a trailer to house 2 quads, a boat, boat trailer and all the other gear. Then on top of that organising everything else for the trip and for around here when im away. Will only be 2 weeks, but I wont have a chance to brew before, and probably not for a while after.

Hi to the Grafton Guys

Firstly all the best of luck to Shaunous - I'm guessing the Cape York jaunt is the trip of a lifetime (unless you have some family or illegal immigrants you wish to meet before Xmas :p ). I've only done one really taxing trip in my life (Simpson Desert) -- it's an absolute PITA when the unexpected problems arise, but they're the things I remember with fondness afterwards. Go figure! So prepare well, have a ball and take lots of pics.

I hope you don't mind me joining your Xmas case swap. I was never game to join one before fearing I'd be a drawback to the average quality of the occasion. Now I think (at least hope) I've progressed to the stage where that may no longer be the situation.

Even though now I've been a Newcastle fly-in for a bit over 20 years, over the last few years I've been driving to and from Brissie every 6 weeks or so, so I consider I've deserved dual nationality (which is just superb in State of Origin season). And I go through Grafton and the Nthn Rivers regularly.

I thought a Belgian Imperial Stout might be the go for several reasons:
1. I really like stouts (as does the better half).
2. I've never done an Imperial Stout of any description and wanted to do one (though I've done quite a few variations of Wee Heavy and feel I've finally honed a recipe and technique that really gives it justice with at least 6 months of aging).
3. I've finally got all the ingredients together and am ready to put it down tomorrow. The added advantage is with the required aging it should be really good drinking by next winter (sort of Xmas in July to keep in theme). That also means I'll know by March '16 if it's OK or whether I need to be in Nepal or Mongolia by next winter!

There's a copy of BIS.bsmx in the recipe directory for any interested Beersmith users. However, if you guys/gals would rather another type of beer, don't hesitate to let me know.

Cheers all.

antiphile said:
Hi to the Grafton Guys
Hi Antiphile, will add you to the group discussion that was started on this topic. Will you be in the position to bring a case of your longnecks up to Grafton?

Started packing yesterday. Gunna be a trip alright. Probably an annual one I reckon. :beerbang:

IMG_3451.JPG

Brew Matt said:
Hi Antiphile, will add you to the group discussion that was started on this topic. Will you be in the position to bring a case of your longnecks up to Grafton?
Howdy Matt

No problems on that score. There's also a few other types in fermenters at the moment as backups in case I make a complete dog's breakfast of that one.

Cheers

Brewed my case swap beer yesterday, double batch, put into two ferments, us05 in one, english ale in the other, will bottle one of them up for the swap. Hit all my targets, only thing was i couldn't find my whirfloc, will do an extended cold crash to compensate.

Back