Wyeast 3538 Pc Leuven Pale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew9242

Reaction score
I had a search and can't seem to find a thread on this yeast.

I tasted a bit out of the packet yesterday when making a starter. And wow it tastes great. I'm looking forward to making a beer with this. Anyone else used this yeast, for what style and recipe. I'm thinking of making a Belgian pale ale for starters and see how that comes out. Any way i was just excited and wanted see what yous guys think of this beauty. :icon_cheers:

I made a Belgian Pale with this yeast and it was great. I have also just bottled a Belg Strong Dark with this yeast but it's still conditioning so I don't know what that tastes like yet.
The Pale recipe was one that I got from Father Jack and was:

66% Pilsner
19% Dark munich
5% Aromatic
6% Biscuit
4% Caramunich

OG 1059, 28 IBU with Saaz and Styrian

I'm planning a Belgian Pale with this yeast as a starter for a big strong dark.

BB pale malt 35%
Weyermann pilsner 40%
Wey Munich II 20%
Carabelge 5%

1.048 and 26ibus of B Saaz at 30 minutes

Anyone good a good guide for ferment temperatures for this yeast? For both the recipe above as a quaffer and for a strong dark to follow? I'm thinking of pitch at 19 and raise to 22-23 over a few days for the pale, but I'm lost for the strong dark.

I have a Belgian red from last Sunday fermenting with one of these now, don't know much about it... Ferment is going well so far...

You should try the wyeast Belgian Schelde yeast its seasonal,bloody beautiful,similar to or near the same as they use at the De Koninck brewery in Antwerpen!!!!! :icon_drool2:

So I've a pale fermenting with 3538 now, Im wondering if I should use it for my RIS once this ferment is done?

Anybody tried it on a RIS?

Latest posts

Back