Wyeast 3333 didn't blow up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zooesk

Reaction score
Hello AHB
I popped my wyeast 3333 4 hours ago hasn't blown up yet should I be worried?
The thing is I ordered it on Tuesday but wasn't shipped till Thursday Which meant I didn't get it till Monday
It wasn't too hot so I don't know
I have smacked the pack made sure the nutrients were popped it has been 4 hours but much ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1409825581.747427.jpg
Should I let it go or make a starter with it
I have a stir plate flask and what not but do I need to do this what do you guys reckon

What temp do you have the yeast at and how old is it? What OG is the beer you are making? If it's a big beer I would just go ahead and make a starter. I would probably make a starter anyway but if you really don't want to just leave it a couple of extra hours. I've had packs not swell for about 12-24 hours before and they all worked so I wouldn't be worried.

4 hours? Depending on age some take 4 days. Chill brother. Unless u need to pitch it now, just wait. If pitching soon, do a starter, but only if it's old.

24/8 was the date did sit at the post office over the weekend though
I am doing a witbeir 50 pils 50 wheat I don't want the banana over pitching this yeast can give but I don't know about the viability of the yeast if it struggles what will come of it

Had the yeast at room temp don't know what that was but I. The colder side this is after it was in the fridge since Monday then after I smacked it put it in the fermenting chamber at 20 been sitting there since

mckenry said:
4 hours? Depending on age some take 4 days. Chill brother. Unless u need to pitch it now, just wait. If pitching soon, do a starter, but only if it's old.
4 days should of just made a starter really 4 days in the smack pack

schoey said:
What temp do you have the yeast at and how old is it? What OG is the beer you are making? If it's a big beer I would just go ahead and make a starter. I would probably make a starter anyway but if you really don't want to just leave it a couple of extra hours. I've had packs not swell for about 12-24 hours before and they all worked so I wouldn't be worried.
20 degrees 1.050 is the wort

Latest posts

Back