Wtb Thongs/flipflops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete2501

Reaction score
I'm chasing a particular street cred kind.

They're the black/blue/white triple layer ones that are like surf boards for your feet. I'm open to buying on line otherwise if someone in Perth can give me a heads up on the store I'm all ears.

I'll see if I can find a pic of what I'm talking about.

I'm chasing a particular street cred kind.

They're the black/blue/white triple layer ones that are like surf boards for your feet. I'm open to buying on line otherwise if someone in Perth can give me a heads up on the store I'm all ears.

I'll see if I can find a pic of what I'm talking about.

I'm up for a set too Pete!

Bulk Buy anyone? :ph34r:

They are more commonly known as Surfer Joes, my friend. The footwear choice of the bogan. I wore them for many years until I recently went upmarket yuppy-ish and acquired a pair of Crocs.

Last time I saw them for sale was at Arthur Schofield's in Goondiwindi..

thongs001.jpg

A friend had them on Australia Day weekend at the dam. Ill ask and get back to you!

flip flops? bloody hell mate you are letting the country down. they're called THONGS here, they don't have an alternative name!

flip flops? bloody hell mate you are letting the country down. they're called THONGS here, they don't have an alternative name!

I did a google search and you wouldn't believe what smutty images i found. :ph34r:

You can get them online at www.sampsons.com.au

I did a google search and you wouldn't believe what smutty images i found. :ph34r:

Well thats enough for me I'm off to google thongs.......................again :D

I am sure they were called beachcombers back in the eighties.

Brad

They are more commonly known as Surfer Joes, my friend. The footwear choice of the bogan. I wore them for many years until I recently went upmarket yuppy-ish and acquired a pair of Crocs.

Last time I saw them for sale was at Arthur Schofield's in Goondiwindi..

View attachment 36258

Now thats what I am after Schooey. A good heavy duty set of Brewin' thongs. Double pluggers are just no match!

Spot on Brad! Beachcombers are back baby! Yeeehaw!

Awesome does this mean my mullet, leather jacket and stone wash jeans will be back in fashion too.

These were good thongs once you broke them in, they mould around your feet. SWMBO will be happy when I rock up home with another peice of the 80's. Yes I love the eighties. The decade of the dag.

I found one of them at Southbound this year, if that helps?

Ok need to find someone in or around Brissy that stocks these babies. Can all Brissy brewers please keep their eye peeled for em please?

Awesome does this mean my mullet, leather jacket and stone wash jeans will be back in fashion too.

These were good thongs once you broke them in, they mould around your feet. SWMBO will be happy when I rock up home with another peice of the 80's. Yes I love the eighties. The decade of the dag.

:blink: Did they ever really go out of fashion? I'll be sporting the best mullet of the day next week.

Now thats what I am after Schooey. A good heavy duty set of Brewin' thongs. Double pluggers are just no match!

The trouble with usin' as brewin' boots, chap chap, is that after about 10 years of weekend service like this pair have had;

P3090001.JPG

... you get a little bit of fancy dancin' happenin' after a few pints of pale on a smooth wet concrete floor... :p

Are mullets out of fashion.... Not in Kwinina there not!

The trouble with usin' as brewin' boots, chap chap, is that after about 10 years of weekend service like this pair have had;

View attachment 36261

... you get a little bit of fancy dancin' happenin' after a few pints of pale on a smooth wet concrete floor... :p

10 years of service and they have worn out? :angry:

Schooey I hope you're gunna ask for a new set there mate? :lol:

I remember them being awesome in the powdery sands as you would NEVER sink.

Latest posts

Back