• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Newcastle: Beer! Gross holiday miscalculation! Please help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acarey

Reaction score
I've made a critical error by underestimating my amazing drinking abilities. I have all but finished my holiday kegs and I still have NYE/SWMBO's birthday on the 31st to get through.

I'm asking anyone in the newcastle area with a spare keg of their finest, whether I could purchase the contents (I would offer one of my empty kegs as ransom and exchange when the purchased brew is finished).

I know this is a big ask, but if anyone could help me out that would be great.

Cheers

Hey mate, I have 2 kegs that are not my finest but would get you out of a tight spot if ubrew is no good. I have a black IPA that was on the yeast too long but its drinkable. A golden ale that has DMS issues, its been flushed of co2 and needs to be recarbed and tested.

Failing them I could offer you a kit faux lager but only if they are no good.

I ask nothing for the first two other than a ransom keg or deposit on the kegs. The third id just ask cost.

Pm me, I'm brewing tomorrow so will be around all day

Edit: the golden is in a Firestone keg so might not fit in a smaller fridge. Could transfer to your empty easy enough though

Selling alcohol, including home brew without appropriate licenses is illegal.
Just be cautious about how you proceed guys.
Don't want to ruin the spirit of genorosity present so be responsible adults.

Potters Brewery have there Kolsch for $235 a 50l Keg, it is a tasty drop indeed. And I also have an A type coupler if needed.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try Brew by U and if that fails, I might hit you up Moad.

Cheers

ps. Manticle. Understood, thanks for pointing that out.

Back