• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: Hinged stainless false bottom for keggle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prestonpaul

Reaction score
Title says it all really, had a break from brewing and now want to get back in to it. The cake rack I was using to keep the BIAB bag off the element in my keggle has gone rusty so i'd like to replace it with a stainless false bottom. Must be hinged so I can get it in and out without too much hassle. Let me know what you've got :)

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not sure if it will work for me. I've got tabs welded on the inside of the keg to support a flat cake rack so just need a flat perforated disc that's hinged in the middle. I've found some on line but hey all seem to be in the U.S. And I'd rather buy local.

Where are your tabs placed? Could you just cut a regular false bottom in half and place them on the tabs?

Yeah, probably, if I could get a flat false bottom I could no doubt I could get it cut & hinges welded in locally. Thanks for the idea :)

Back