• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Grain Mill (Victoria)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 35653

Reaction score
Hi All,

With the Melbourne grain bulk buy being a success, I'm going to need a grain mill.

Looking for a secondhand 2 or 3 roller.

I've been looking at the $89 2 roller and $199 3 roller on ebay but I'm not sure.

If you're interested in offloading one please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

If you can hold on for a day or 2 Im waiting to here back regarding a BB for 2 and 3 roller mills that we can all get on board with.

Pratty1 said:
If you can hold on for a day or 2 Im waiting to here back regarding a BB for 2 and 3 roller mills that we can all get on board with.
Once confirmed I'm guessing it'll take a few weeks to get up?

I just got off the phone and they will be letting me know asap the details of the deal, eg price, postage etc

They are aware that this forum held one in Aug 2013 and that they had more than 20 buyers which drove the price down more than $70 per unit from retail.

Fingers crossed we can get a deal organized and I will start a new thread.

Make sure you read all the threads on here about problems people have had with these mills before you commit. I know they are a great price but there not without problems.

Truman said:
Make sure you read all the threads on here about problems people have had with these mills before you commit. I know they are a great price but there not without problems.
No worries thanks Truman. Which mill do you use?

Pratty1 said:
No worries thanks Truman. Which mill do you use?
One I brought from a KK bulk buy I arranged a few years back. Ive had problems with the idle roller not spinning like everyone else. I replaced the bearings (That were supposed to be bushes) and it worked great for awhile. Now Im going to try using O rings on the rollers to drive the idle roller instead and see how long that lasts. But in the mean time the last few times I milled I had to sit there with a hammer handle pushing the grain down to get it to force through the rollers.

The other problem Ive had is that the adjustment knobs are soft and the locking screws have dented the adjustment knob. So if I want to change the adjustment the locking screws tend to want to fall back into the dents they have made which moves the adjustment out.

Look they are okay entry level mills and depending on how much you brew may last you a few years like mine has. If they now have bushes instead of bearings even better as the bearings clog up with flour and this stops the idle roller from spinning. But Ive had enough of pouring my grains in an starting the mill so I can be getting other things ready for brew day, only to have to stand there with my hammer handle pushing the grains through.

I think my next mill will be a millmaster from Craftbrewer.

Hey mate,

You can have my second hand MillMaster MiniMill, if you like. $100.

She's churned through a few kilos, so is a little slow, but does the job. Let me know.

I got a Keg King Unit from that buy up.had a small issue with bearings ,but i cleaned them out and used some innox grease works fine...i only mill about 6kgs every week or so....if that helps..

Truman said:
One I brought from a KK bulk buy I arranged a few years back. Ive had problems with the idle roller not spinning like everyone else. I replaced the bearings (That were supposed to be bushes) and it worked great for awhile. Now Im going to try using O rings on the rollers to drive the idle roller instead and see how long that lasts. But in the mean time the last few times I milled I had to sit there with a hammer handle pushing the grain down to get it to force through the rollers.

The other problem Ive had is that the adjustment knobs are soft and the locking screws have dented the adjustment knob. So if I want to change the adjustment the locking screws tend to want to fall back into the dents they have made which moves the adjustment out.

Look they are okay entry level mills and depending on how much you brew may last you a few years like mine has. If they now have bushes instead of bearings even better as the bearings clog up with flour and this stops the idle roller from spinning. But Ive had enough of pouring my grains in an starting the mill so I can be getting other things ready for brew day, only to have to stand there with my hammer handle pushing the grains through.

I think my next mill will be a millmaster from Craftbrewer.
Sounds like you should have sent it back, did you find out if many others had the same issues?

Im still waiting to get full details of the mills from Kee but from what I know is they use the oil impregnated bushes now, likely from the bearings used in teh past and the mentioned issue you had.

Thanks for sharing you experience, hopefully no one has that problem this time around.

Spiesy said:
Hey mate,

She's churned through a few kilos, so is a little slow, but does the job. Let me know.
That's a damn good price for a damn good mill. I bought one a few years ago and rate these highly. What do you mean 'slow' Spiesy? Do you think it needs reknurling?
We're talking Mashmaster yeah?

Spiesy said:
Hey mate,

You sell MillMaster MiniMill's on your site don't you? I don't suppose there's any chance a bulk buy would be do-able?

Camo6 said:
That's a damn good price for a damn good mill. I bought one a few years ago and rate these highly. What do you mean 'slow' Spiesy? Do you think it needs reknurling?
We're talking Mashmaster yeah?
Yeah it's a MashMaster, mate. It's been on FP duties last year and could certainly do with a reknurling. At present it takes around 4mins a kg.

We've since upgraded.

rday said:
You sell MillMaster MiniMill's on your site don't you? I don't suppose there's any chance a bulk buy would be do-able?
Very little margin in those mills, but anything is possible with the right quantity.

DU99 said:
I got a Keg King Unit from that buy up.had a small issue with bearings ,but i cleaned them out and used some innox grease works fine...i only mill about 6kgs every week or so....if that helps..
How many times have you used it since you did this? I mill even less than you and the new bearings I brought were fully sealed. But it started playing up again after only 3-4 mills.

If the new ones have bushes I would be interested to see how they go.

Latest posts

Back