• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Fridge/freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammus

Amateur Brewer
Reaction score
Howdy, I know this is pretty much a useless request on this forum, but just putting it out there. Anyone with any fridge or freezer that can can fit a fermentor inside I've been searching for a while.
My local freecycle is flooded with wanted ads for these items. In fact there only seems to be wanted ads, sometimes people might offer something, like half a box of matches or spare pen lids or something. Ebay sellers within reach are asking more than what they cost retail...so yeah, anyone with anything like this excess to their needs, let me know, I'll probably buy it! (price pending of course) :)

You could try here but there's quite a bit of crud to sift through. I picked up a *real* cheap 140L bar fridge for my 30L fermenter from here...

sap.

Does your local university have a classifieds page?

Students are always trying to sell fridges on the one here at the ANU (typically bar or small fridges) and because they often want to be rid of them quickly (moving back home, often overseas), you can get them pretty cheap.

cheers, will check out both those options. UoW is mostly international students, so you could be on the money Sammy.

International students needing to get rid of stuff before heading back overseas is a great way of sourcing cheap stuff.

Mate,

You should live up on the Central Coast. I've just replaced both of my beer fridges that died on the weekend.... Today. From Freecycle...

This is God's Country... Mind you it freaked the wife out as she can't understand how people would give away fridges in good working condition, I think she suspects that I bought them. :party:

:( I've been constantly scanning Newcastle and Illawarra freecycle, nothing came up. Couldn't find any student classefieds for newcastle or wollongong uni, I keep a look out on the notice boards though. Nothing yet.

I'll have to subscribe to central coast freecycle too :p

Finally found the new classifieds site for Newcastle uni but you need to be a student or staff member to log in bellow is the link to the login page

Classifieds Link

Ok it took them ages to upgrade their site. Then they didn't exactly tell anyone plus their old site doesn't forward to the new one.

Latest posts

Back