• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Fermenting Fridge Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobospy

Reaction score
Would like a small fridge (or upright freezer) for single 30l fermenter, happy to pick up.

Thanks,

Christopher

Big W had a wine fridge last week, that would probably fit a fermentor. It was on special in store for half price - $75

Looks like it would fit a fermentor

I've got all my fridges or freezers from local garage sales for $10-$30 each and then add a STC-1000 for temp control.
If you have time on sat morning and not in a huge rush to get one.
Also you can get them for free by joining your local freecycle group and asking for one.
hope that helps some

Thanks guys, will have a look at the BigW fridge, was hoping to pick up something second hand to keep back on the $ though. Basically got a lager that I want to get down as soon as I can, so was hoping for something pretty quick but good idea on the freecycle thing, will check that out.

PeteQ - I'm based in North Sydney but have a car so should be able to pick up easy enough.

Just keep looking on Gumtree. You might have to travel, but with persistence you will be able to find an all fridge/ freezer for under 200, I use frost free upright freezers and would recommend them.

Good news guys, managed to find a 140l fridge, bit of a trek out to the Blue Mountains but looks good, now just got to wait for my STC to arrive,

How much did you pay? I'm on the lookout too and it's good to know market prices!

Ended up paying $50 for a 238 litre Westinghouse fridge (no freezer), had to go all the way up to the Blue Mountains for it but definitely worth it, great condition and tall enough to fit two fermenters in.

Forgot to say, took a couple of weeks to find something and a good bit of research on the forum to work out what I wanted (even went around shops to measure out fridges of different sizes :-/), probably already doing it but keep your eye on Gumtree and eBay, some folk seem to think their fridge is gold plated price wise but something will turn up.

Latest posts

Back