• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Brew Basics Inner NW BNE

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
After a long hiatus from brewing (well it feels a long time), a few awful personal issues and a year back in Brissie, I want to get back into it.

I'm financially restricted (sort of caused by the personal issues), so I was wondering if anyone has stuff they want/need to get rid of at a cheap price.

So I thought I'd put up, I'm after the following:

Big W pots (2) or possible a 40-50L pot.
Burner, or a double stovetop hot plate thing for brewing outside
Hydrometer
Fermenters (30L)
Capper

That's the worst of it.

I'm at Ferny Grove and can pick up to a reasonable distance.

PM me, I'll try to keep on here more than I have in the last year.

Thanks blokes,

Chris

Can cover capper, hydrometer, a BigW pot, a few dozen crown seal largies, for the moment. I'll be back home tomorrow from work so can message further then Chris.

mp

Oh yeah, am northsude, not far from you at stafford hts.

Hey welcome back Chris.
I am well overdue to brew another batch of lord Nelson.
Unfortunately I don't have any spare gear. Just thought I'd jump in and say howdy.
Angus.

Hey mate, I've still got that fridge that you had put your hand up for a year or longer ago.

I've tried to get rid of it a few weeks ago but no takers, so it's still yours for nix if you need one.

Am still in the same spot close to your previous Brisbane residence.

Thanks Mants, almost did. Glad for the mental health thread a year or so back.

Thanks Florian. I may take you up on that sometime. I've not got the means to grab it yet but I'll let you know when I do.

If transport is the only reason holding back on the fridge then I'd be happy to drop it around to yours.

I need it gone and am close-ish to your area Wednesday morning. Let me know if you want it and we'll make it happen, if not I'll think of something else. No hard feelings no matter what you decide.

Let's have a chat one day anyway.

I'll jump on this, a couple of kilo's of hops from the brewery coming your way, no Nelson but will cut out a reasonable cross section to get your stocks up :)

Thanks Florian. Just been told a big no ny SWMBO. Really sorry as I thought I'd talk her around. Definitely have to catch up though.

Cheers Yob, your friendship and generosity is very much appreciated.

Thanks DU99. :)

Whilst we're :icon_offtopic: - gents, look after your mental health. One massive thing I am learning/have learned is that it's not a matter of black and white "mental/not mental" - it's a matter of managing one's head and emotional state before it becomes a major issue or if it does, then dealing with it so you can live a good quality of life and be there for your nearest and dearest. Otherwise, too many years of suppressing it (or stigmatising yourself) and a minor thing can be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Chris, I'll have that PM to you around midday'ish, might have a second BigW pot as well just need ti check when i grt home - Alan

send me your deets Chris, I'll get that lot up to you this week so that when you get some equipment you can get crackin.

LRG - I was the lucky recipient of some of your odds and ends when you were clearing out down south.

So its time to return the favour.

Ill see what odds and ends I can find in the brew shed for you and send a package your way.

Stand by for a PM

Latest posts

Back